cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,179 Replies
Giulia

Thanks.  At least I know I'm not losing my mind!  

Maki

You all have a good day . 
I am sure you will be doing your own things to move , you guys are awesome . 
I’m taking a step forward . I will only be posting my intentions to move once a week for the week . Monday’s . 
I am fine , I have not got the time anymore to post every day nor do I want to feel dependant on this group to get moving . 
You all keep up the good work you are doing for yourselves and your health too . Jackie again I owe my renewed interest in better health to you . Thanks to you especially for reviving this thread to support and encourage each other , 

0 Kudos
indingrl

I stsrted this 3 mile on Fridays -  ONLY - it is a dvd 3 miles aerobic walking with 2 pound weights - I started ONLY 1 mile with weights and MY goal is to do 3 miles with weights just like MY coach Leslie Sansone  thanks for letting ME share - this is MY 2nd Friday and this sure makes ME sweat tons - laughing out loud

Daniela2016

I have the DVD also, and the 2 lbs weights, and the stretching bands.  Leslie has been my favorite since the first stunt on WW, when I was combining 3 miles and 2 miles, I had gotten so fit on these tapes.  However, since the right knee starting hurting, I stopped working out with her, maybe after a summer of swimming the knee might be in a better shape.  Thanks for the reminder, maybe I'll try a short mile to start with, and can do that today   Thanks Dianne Joy!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Daniela2016      If the shirt sleeves aren't REALLY tight at the wrists, they may fill up with water, and you will need to buy some Velcro straps to put around the wrists.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MWFRWKZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

You can only buy them as an order of 12 - maybe we can send the extras to our bike riders for their pant leg bottoms??!!!

Daniela2016

indingrl , here is my collection, and these are the DVDs, I gave away the tapes for VCR, since I started working out with her probably in 2002...

Leslie.jpg

If you stick with it, it makes a world of difference, good luck building up to where you want to be!!!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

'Morning, Movers!

It is overcast, cool and cloudy - and here I sit coming up with excuses not to swim.  Wondering about my knee, and shoulder, and losing my motivation.  It  is SUCH hard work to do laps at a constant hard and fast pace  - which is required in a cold pool.  I keep telling myself I will miss it soon enough - but somehow that isn't doing it.....

I am sobbing over the 9/11 memories, too. I don't imagine I will ever get over the pain of that morning.

Gonna' go get some more coffee and give myself a pep talk!

....stay tuned................................

0 Kudos
Maki

You can honour them by remembering but not reliving that sad day over and over .. I don't know maybe you lost loved ones in 9-11 so if I'm outta line I'm sorry . Get moving . Do something to get your mind off it . Turn the negative into positive action .  If it's too cold to swim do something different , read or rest and heal . YAH . This day will pass not in tears but in pride of a country that came together for each other  when things were so bad . 

Politics devides , love heals .

YoungAtHeart

You all INSPIRED me.  I decided if I got too cold, I would stop - but I at least was going to give it the college try!  Getting in is tough, but I persevered, water walked with arms a-pumping for a bit, and then took the plunge.  I did my 30 minutes hard and fast and feel WONDERFUL!!

SO glad I did it!  Thank you all for being here!