cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,265 Replies

@Giulia  Thank you for the lovely pictures.  Those flowers are so pretty and I love the color.  You can work out and enjoy nature, GO YOU.  Overcast here and we were forecasted to have rain all week, but we have not.  Nancy, I think it is wonderful that you have forest fairies.  They are probably alot like gnomes.  They sound friendly, lol.

I worked out for an hour with Improved Health and stretched, so that is out of the way.   Might do some light housework, not sure.  Hope you enjoy your day, whatever you have planned.

Cousin-Itt

Good evening, everyone

@Giulia love the lowers reminds me of the house I grew up in as my mom had them planted along the side of the house.

@YoungAtHeart cool looking plant I learned something new today What May Apple plant looks like and where fairies sleep

Had a great day here.  Had an unplanned day here with my 2 oldest brothers.  We decided to release fish from water and release beer from can plus soak up some sunshine Redear Sunfish,  Largemouth Bass the Little Pond

@RainbowHeart I took your lead and also got cut my hair

Red Eye.jpg 

Bass.jpg  Pond.jpg

Enjoy the evening everyone

You're such a joy.   "release fish from water and release beer from can "  Your wonderful way of words always makes me smile at the least and guffaw at best.  And I needed that today especially.

YoungAtHeart

@Cousin-Itt 

..where fairies sleep."

😁

Giulia

Hello gang.  PT today.  Thought I did what I usually do wth the usual 150% umph, but today I got a kudo for my hard work - for some reason.  Accepted it gladly.  The hardest ball exercise is going up into a bridge position ( I call it a backward plank)  - you're legs are on this HUGE ball and you're lifting your torso up as high as you can.  And after doing 10 of those, and then ten more by pulling the ball to you, you do the ... oh just lift one straight leg up and then the other.  This has got to be the hardest exercise any devil PT guy came up with.   It's hard enough to be in a bridge position ON A BALL, but then to lift one leg up and then the other???  I just looked it up, it's a called a "single leg bridge."  But with straight legs.  So this is what I'm doing.  First video below is just a straight bridge, then he moves into drawing the ball to him.  So I do ten of the straight bridge, then 10 of the drawing the ball.  Then the single leg lift.   Straight Leg Bridge for Hamstring Strengthening -

YouTube    Single leg Bridge - Hamstring curl with stability ball - YouTube  

At 74, I'm beginning to understand why this MIGHT BE A LITTLE HARD on my neck and shoulders!  lol  Let alone my lower back.  Anyway, at the end of the session I happily got an ice pack on my lower back and on my left hip which now has bursitis.  And after 10 minutes I moved one of them to my neck!

Geez louise!  And this is what I need to do in order to just walk straight upright like a normal homo sapien at this point???  Gotta tell ya - this is - I mean, I'm getting a good core workout and maybe after 6 months I'll have 6 pack abs,  but ..  man, the amount of work this takes is really onerous.  And it's not like I just had a hip or knee replacement.  Where you REALLY have to push yourself to go back to normal.  This is just to be able to stand upright and walk half a mile without being at a 45 degree incline.  This is, really hard work.  And I'm doing much of it every day at home in addition to the PT.  

Sorry.  Whining.  You wanna overcome - ya do the work necessary.  Just like with quitting.  Persevere!  And Rock On Moovers!  I will if you will.  

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

Sounds like you just need a hug!

81C5RlpzlSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

❤️

Hello.  Heavy rains ongoing here, since about 7:15AM.  The hummingbirds are still coming to the feeder, so I guess they are desperate.  Guilia, you are worth it and I looked at that exercise you do and not sure I could do that.  Go YOU and get that 6 pack!

I moved with Leslie today.  We did 3 miles in about 47 mins.  The second mile, she made us use a BAND, the whole time.  That is the first time I have done this video and used a band during cardio.  My first choice was to go to the park and walk, but too much rain today.  Hope you can get outside today, unlike myself.  

YoungAtHeart

Got errands done first thing, but that made me late getting outside.  Did a couple of hours and  got two more smaller trees edged, weeded and mulched.  Hope to go back out for another when it gets shaded there.  I moved,  and will continue moving for a bit!

Good to "see" everybody today!

😁

RainbowHeart

It's another half dreary half gorgeous day. I got out for a two mile walk in the mostly sunshine 🌞 I got the kitties some wet food and a couple of little toys. I wanted to get them one of those ball-inside-a-donut chaser toys but couldn't find one so they got little crinkle balls to chase instead 😸 Their first vet appointment is on the 11th, hopefully they'll behave themselves 😜 Still no neuter appointments available but I'm on the wait-list so hopefully soon. Ripley sometimes makes me a little cuckoo with her constant wanting affection. She's a snuggle bug anyway, but when she's in heat she goes a bit overboard 

A couple of pictures from the day 🌤

1000002657.jpg

 Commercial railroad, freeway, and max tracks all in a row 

1000002653.jpg

 Blue sky!

I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free 🆓

@RainbowHeart 

I KNOW you enjoyed that blue sky!  Lovely!  Good that they got all those tracks together!!!

I DID have a good day, smoke free!

😁