cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,291 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Absolutely love this......

0 Kudos
Giulia

Nothing.  Did nothing.  Except shop and go to Occupational Therapy. 94 degrees.  Thought about taking my bike ride (which is what I should/wanted/needed/didn't want to do) when I got home but - you know... sometimes it's okay to not move a whole lot.  And I'm not beating myself up about it.  There are limits.  So - tomorrow is another day, Scarlett!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
Sootie

Giulia‌  My ALL TIME favorite movie AND book!!! The ONLY movie which I have ever felt came close to what I visualized when I read the book. Tomorrow IS another day!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Sootie

Hello Movers---I'm back! I took the long weekend off and became a slug with regard to formal exercising. But, I did host a picnic for 22 people on Saturday, moved a lot of tables, painted some plastic chairs that could not be cleaned, ran around after the SIX dogs which showed up as guests (after WE did not bring our dogs to our own picnic!!), also played baseball and horseshoes ( MAN---I am TERRIBLE at horseshoes!!). Then, cleaned up the cabin and grounds on Sunday......so I DID move!

However, today I was back in my routine which I know gets boring to hear about but it is something I know I'll have the time to do and so will not use that as an excuse to skip. So I walked/ran my 45 minutes (no....didn't add any more time but I will) and then did my usual routine with weights for 30 minutes. My only other exercise today was moving some file boxes from our office to our storage pod. Yes, this is what you do as the "boss" at a non profit!!!

It was a good day and do you know why????????????????????

Because it wasn't MONDAY....it was  already TUESDAY!!!

B

JACKIE1-25-15

Good job being on the MOVE.

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Did some cleaning up outside, Wii yoga and bicycling done. I think that was it. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sootie‌  Interesting.  I have a totally different "take" on that movie, as far as the emotional effect of it.  Loathed it myself.  But, different strokes for different folks.  Interesting how perceptions differ, isn't it.  

Wow, party for 22 and all you did on Saturday. Wow!  And today your "normal" routine is 45 minutes plus another 30???  Plus moving file boxes????  Superwoman!

Jackie, You STARTED your day with 100 crunches.  Oh my.  Then 30 minutes of yoga.  Then 10k steps.  I'd say you've definitely MOVED today!

Sorry your outdoor pool closed down, Donna.  Don't let that be a deterrent! 

Trudy, you moved.  Ygga, bicycling, cleaning!  Oh yeah!  

After that vigorous weekend with the grandchildren - I'm surprised you were up for a vigorous workout.  Good for you, Missy.  

The only movement I did today was torturing my pinkie at OT and walking several hundred steps food shopping in three different places.  It's still in the low 90s here and I just couldn't get it up to bike, and lifting weights in 90 degree heat on the porch - nope.  Occupational Therapy takes 2 hours out of my day (an hour there and a half hour each way going and coming) which means there's less time in the day to do....whatever.  Just an excuse.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  

Sootie

Giulia‌  I believe you biked several miles the other day...I was in AWE! So you are the superwoman.

As to movies.....we are friends so I am going to totally overlook the comment that you "loathed" Gone With The Wind........because