cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,264 Replies

And I love hearing about all your adventures in moving (and you!).

❤️

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a fun day @Giulia . The old folks love music , they love it , and babies 😉 my grandson goes to visit his grandma and everyone just loves the babies . Glad you had a great day . 
I wish the days would slow down , I’m beat but have another full day with just class and walking the dogs. I’m so wiped , but onward I go . Can’t miss a day or I won’t know what’s going on or what exercises to do . Btw side note lol coffee doesn’t taste good anymore lol maybe I’ll give up smoking and coffee lol . 
So not a lot of fun planned but I’m moving , blessed that I am still able to . Weatherman seems to have changed his mind again about the snow … better to rely on the bones to determine than the weatherman lol . Stay tuned . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love hedges , just plain old green manicured hedges . lovely . We had forsythia at the farm as well as yellow as mustard . 

K , I’m off , things to get done here . Enough on line . I promise myself to keep moving no matter what and however long I can . I know you all will too . Many blessing on those walks , or bike rides or pool laps folks . 

Quitting smoking has been so worth it . Never thought I could , then did , then decided I like this freedom and kept going . This freedom I have had this last couple years where I just don’t think of it in any way shape or form anymore has been amazing , shocking , a blessing .  

Ok enough time left here to get my laundry done before I have to get to class lol stair climbing x 4 already today lol check. Catcha all later . 

YoungAtHeart

Just finished clearing Beebalm from a garden, and getting woodland iris back under control.  Learned today that Beebalm must be in the mint family based on how grows...sends out horizontal runners and creates new stems ALL along it.  The variety I have gets powdery mildew EVERY July.  Not only is it ugly, it is a MESS, and I hate spraying herbicide in the garden to try to keep it under control.   !  I found a variety that is resistant, so I will begin to replace what I have.  Quite the chore to dig it all out, but it had to be done!  Spent three hours working at it.

Speaking of DONE!  😁

Finally made it to the park this morning.  I am very aware of all the good smells out there and love reading the comments about the fragrant flowers.   Fragrances made from the Master Perfume Maker.  I wanted to go to the park yesterday, but the top shelf of our closet fell down and I decided to work on the closet instead.  Took a nice 50 min walk today.  Good to be outside and enjoying nature.  The park was practically empty.

RainbowHeart

Again I overdid it a little bit, but not too bad, and I was rewarded with a rainbow 🌈 

1000002555.jpg

 Lots and lots of flowers everywhere, my favorite was this (dogwood?) in a side yard of the biggest house on that block 

1000002565.jpg

 I'm thinking about lunch, probably not another quesadilla, unfortunately the vegan cheese I got has olive extract in it and that causes my gut just as much distress as lactose. So I'm going to try to focus and find a recipe for it that isn't too hard and won't cost too much. 

I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free 🆓 

@RainbowHeart 

That is a HUGE pink Dogwood!  They usually don't get quite that big.  GLORIOUS!

They love the damp spring we usually get @YoungAtHeart , dogwoods and rhododendrons get absolutely enormous 

0 Kudos

I can't IMAGINE what perennials would do in your state.  I can't keep them under control HERE!

@YoungAtHeart Think of wisteria in the south. When my mom first moved to Oregon she commented that in Oregon you didn't have to go to nature, if you didn't fight it every day it would take over 😂🌱🌲