cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,301 Replies
Sootie

@indingrl  I AGREE----Mondays SHOULD be optional....or abolished altogether!!!! This is the first week in two weeks we have had to work on a Monday.....boo!

RainbowHeart

I thought my cold was on the way out, but today it came roaring back. So my walk was very short. Mostly I sat on the couch and read. I didn't end up painting, I'm getting there. Once again I'm trying to think of something to eat. I'm tired of soup, lol. I might make a quesadilla or some buttered noodles. Easy comfort food. Tomorrow I get my second veggie delivery, I'm excited 😊

The kitties are getting so big 😺 I hope everybody had a good day 🌄

1000002156.jpg

1000002160.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my ,you need to hang that picture on your wall , beautiful .

Sootie

@RainbowHeart  I am having the same issues with my cold.....seems to be all gone and then BAM....feel like I am back to day 1. Take care.

Giulia

MADE myself do another Leslie workout today.  Sorry, but true.  I have to force myself at the moment to exercise.  Planned everything perfectly.  Worked out, washed hair, went and got copies made of some documents, got to the grief group earlier than normal.... hmmm, where is everybody?  A nice man there who is a co-facilitator let me know it was Monday.  My group is tomorrow.  Dear Lord....  has it come to that?  I don't even know what DAY it is???  That's okay.  At least I did Leslie!  HA!  We charge on  - even if we can't remember what day it is.  

Sootie

@Giulia  It is GOOD to forget Mondays----they should ALWAYS be forgotten!!!! i have to push myself to do ANYTHING in winter!  It's not my fav season.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I returned to my senior EXercise class today.  I made it a priority therefore it got done.  I must say, I am not as out of shape like I thought.  Onward and upward. Keep MOVING.

JACKIE1-25-15

From the comments is appears that Nancy @YoungAtHeart may not be well.  Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery,

indingrl

images.jpeg

 up at 330am and prayed

7 minute wake up exercise with hubby and 3 heart healthy aerobic walking miles with Leslie Sansone on utube

3pm today a rainy 20 minute walk outside

WoooooWOOO 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning .

Another chilly day here , lol no idea the temp but very cold . I have seniors sing a long today and the gym following . I prepped my bag with salad n fruit n a cup of soup ,( the handy kind , just add hot water ) and  will add some of my dehydrated vegees later to it . My dinner is prepared for this evening ( eggplant curry ) . An eggplant can go a long way for one person with several options to make something different each day . I just familiarized myself with those this last year . No idea why I ignored them because wow ,  they are so yummy . Not sure @RainbowHeart if something like that might work on your restricted diet @RainbowHeart , it was a thought . 

They do have 2 restaurants at the gym , one fast food , unhealthy other healthy n pricey so opted to take my own lunch . 

I booked less time today for the gym , not sure wise as I do not like to feel rushed on that walk . First two miles I clip along , third mile I just enjoy those big windows , view and the sun . Time will tell later I guess lol . Still have not made it into the pool , not crazy about their safety for me to get into unless I get them to drag out the immersible wheelchair . Only thing accessible is hot tub and steam room . 
Hope those down will be patient as their bodies , emotions and mind heal and all of us hope to see them soon back . Everyone is missed when gone . @Biscuit are you doing ok . @Giulia , good job on doing Leslie walks . @JACKIE1-25-15 , enjoy your time with the seniors . Suzy Woslik, youngatheart , rainbowheart keep getting better . Indingrl enjoy your rainy day walk . All included , have a great day .