cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,290 Replies
biscuit9

Welcome! and you had me at tomatoes.  We have several bags of frozen tomato sauce in the freezer, we have started doing this every year.  So yes, for spag sauce ziti, etc. we have homemade tomato sauce.  Course we freeze corn and other veggies, also.  Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear your brother broke his hip @JACKIE1-25-15 , will take it now here at home in prayer it will go well . 

Wow I slept , it’s 8:30 , I was so exhausted guess I needed it , but woke up first thing thinking oh dear what will I do this winter to keep me from going mad lol . Must must find things to look forward to and moving more .

I was so motivated and disciplined with my excersise the first year of Covid and there after kaput ! Of course , for 28 years I just smoked more during the winter season and thought I felt better but we all know it was that sun helping the few minutes in the sun 20  25 times a day . Freezing cold or stormy weather out there no matter what and I’m complaining now about getting outside once in the cold , ( something wrong with this lol ) I think of @Sootie still getting out there no matter what for those little kidlums and walking her dog and btw Happy birthday . Have a super good day . 
So today , I’m off to the seniors centre to sign up for membership . Courses are too expensive ( more than the price you pay for private lessons at the gym ) what ! , but you can go sing , play cards , walk , make Christmas cards , have a decent lunch , enjoy the big windows  , with coffee and a book etc for 3 to 12.00 . Worth it , less than a pack of smokes to do several things 🙂  gets ya out , makes friends  , gets ya thinking about other things and shortens the winter . Next week is a craft sale , I’m looking for ideas to do things this winter . @YoungAtHeart , I saw you can make fairy houses , buy and paint , thought of you . I loved the solar ones you can do . Might be a wonderful rewarding project for you . You can put together and paint as well , something nice for a window sill ? K I’m outta here .take care all of you .. 

k I best move . 

indingrl

71247d02a9d75b0822dec2ba44e1cb97.jpg

 up at 433am and prayed

7 minute wake up exercise with hubby and 2 heart healthy aerobic walking miles with Leslie Sansone on utube 

biscuit9

Finally made it here and got caught up on reading.  Sorry to hear of your brother's fall Jackie.  Prayers he heals and takes care of himself.  Good to see most of you are moving and staying busy and making plans for the colder temps and what you will do, then.

I worked out for 40 mins to Juuls (Improved Health).  Did the bare minimum today.  This afternoon, I will pick the grandsons up from school and take them to their house.  I am watching so their selfish parents can attend the baseball game today, TX Rangers vs Houston Astros. Can you believe it, both TX teams going for the American League playoff?  I root for the Astros.  Their parents are not really selfish, they just love baseball and last year the final World Series game was held here and I watched the boys then.  They love baseball.

SuzyQ411

How exciting for the kids @biscuit9 ! And how wonderful you re ble t help out with the grands! Being from the east coast I am a Boston fan myself- for both baseball and hockey. Too far from me to see their games live though~

YoungAtHeart

@JACKIE1-25-15 

How did your brother do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing interesting to report other than a beautiful day therefore long walk in the shopping zone one end to the other , Think roughly 2.5 miles one end to the other ..  It was good . Never spent a penny other than a tea . Home now and tired . Hope you all had a good day . 

Sootie

@JACKIE1-25-15 Hope your brother in law did ok with the surgery.

@SuzyQ411  AND ALSO----perhaps your ability to walk is improved because of this GREAT QUIT you are rocking right now!!!!

@YoungAtHeart Nancy----my sincere suggest (MOO) is that you can still do all the things in your house you like to do.....just do them SLOWER!!! Dear God!  One thing at a time dear friend.......you will still be moving.

Today was rainy and dreary......and my BIRTHDAY! So...no, not a great weather birthday. Still everyone at work was sweet...balloons cards, cake.......Charlie and I opted for pizza at home and a fire in the fireplace instead of going out. We had already had a huge party on Saturday for our soon to be granddaughter who turned 8...so enough partying.  It was a nice day despite the rain.......counting my blessings as I do every birthday. Missing my parents as I do every birthday.

SuzyQ411

@Sootie  DUH--yes, the obvious and I did not even mention it~ giving up smoking has made me a much healthier person who can now walk about without breathing difficulties 💕  

BTW I no longer need the 3 inhalers I used to be on, either!!