cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,331 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Glad you did not have any major injury. 

0 Kudos
Sootie

WOW G----glad it was not too bad but you maybe should rest and no hobble!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I have really been moving.  yesterday had  24,464 steps for a total of 10 37 miles.  Worked garden transplanting and pruning flower beds.   I raked and treated the lawn. I was to tired to post. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

All is well.  Managed to rake, blow and mow.  Just took it easy.  Believe me, if it were too painful I wouldn't have!  I'm not like Nancy.  lol  Oh and I also took in the 100' hose which was stiff as a board and wrapped it up on it's winter holder, pulling it through the old broken barn slats.  That took more exercise than any of the other three items!

Jackie you really have been moving.  10.37 miles oh yeah baby!   You treat your lawn too.  Wow, that's dedication.  Nancy, I was thinking of you when I cleaned the hood over the stove top earlier.  It was yucky and full of grease.  I thought of you because I know you do that kind of thing just about daily and there would be no possibility of anything getting really yucky in your house.

0 Kudos
Sootie

Glad you are OK Giulia

Beautiful Fall day today......did some running this morning, then some raking of leave this afternoon. Gorgeous day to be outside.

Giulia

Raking is good for the arms and the legs and stomach and makes us "strong like bull!" (said with heavy Greek accent!)    I know how cold it is in PA at this time of year.  More power to you, Sootie for running in that early morning temperature.  I think my bike days are over for the nonce.  However husband and I loaded in two batches of wood from the barn and I blew up all the tires.  Both cars, wheelbarrow, mower and cart.  Yes, we have a compressor.  Even so - for those of you who know - you know.  For those of you who don't know, let me tell you - getting the gauge and trying to get it on the valve, and letting out half the air when do, and then filling and then testing to see if it's up to par and then filling some more, or letting some out..... that was actually more work than loading the wood onto the porch and into the house. 

I wish exercise helped one sleep through the night, but alas - no so for me.  Anybody have any suggestions about waking up pre-dawn for a bathroom jaunt and not being able to get back to sleep because the brain becomes totally activated?  You're so tired but the brain won't shut off.  And it's so hard to motivate yourself to get out of a nice comfy bed and iron or - I don't know - the books I've pulled up out of the bookcase to read are not too thrilling.  But they don't get me back to sleep either. I've also tried sleep inducing music, taking a melatonin,  etc.  Nothing so far has worked.  So I lie there for two hours or more, then FINALLY get back to sleep and have a nightmare.  Any suggestions other than a hammer to the head?  I have, however, learned the alphabet backwards during that sleepless time - for what that's worth.  So if a cop ever stops me in my car and asks me to do it - Hey I'll be an ACE!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

One suggestion.  Write all those thoughts that are running through your head. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Good idea.  I'll give it a try!

0 Kudos
Sootie

I don't know if this is a suggestion you can follow or if it only somehow works for me.........I try NOT to wake up too much. I get up...."go" and lay back down without really getting myself wide awake. I'm snuggling back in before my brain actually does wake up (but I am slow to wake to begin with). Anyway------works for me. I just sort of try to stay "foggy" and I fall right back to sleep.

0 Kudos