cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,380 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grateful .Daughter has the day off and she will be helping her brother and sil . As much as I want to go I’m not feeling well , I’ve crashed . Both of you act your age will you lol . It’s not becoming to act like a teenager if you are that old lol . It like being 75 and being a blonde lol .
Somehow I still think of you young at heart like your avatar picture and cousin itt I think of you as this barefoot guy jumping in thin air and clicking his heels together happy go lucky as heck but still your age lol . 
I am young , feel old , look older , but I’m still moving . Stress will do that to you . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh do we have blonde 75 year olds no offence . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear go go is  doing well Carl and Joyce is right . Be careful in that heat . 

Wozlik

Wooo hoooo made it to the gym today. Connected with pulmonary rehab and will be starting soon.  Never too soon old to begin again.  So grateful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got out . Needed to for my quit . Those tools you gather along the way for your quit with or without support will work for you . It took practise and it didn’t happen overnight. Temptation can lurk when least expected or not expected at all . I have had a plate full so when I come here I look forward to hearing what you did today . 
I’m saved today only because I walked , I prayed and I looked up rather than down . In doing so , I feel calm , at peace , content , and I trust whatever comes from this will be used for good . 
My flowers are loving the sun today , i thought about a member saying they were messy , I have not found them to be yet at all . I pick off the pink ones so more blooms shoot out . They are not a hard plant to keep looking nice I don’t think . I’m looking forward to growing them hopefully through the winter in my house . I’m sure going to try .  My only concern is that I keep my temps very low in my house at about 17 C all winter . Can’t afford high heating bills so blankets and sweaters are my best friend .

Good job @Wozlik .I must get signed back in for physio too now baby is born . I didn’t want to waste my summer there so winter is best to get me moving . I do have my yearly membership already for the pool and gym . Just waiting til all kids are back in school 

Not going to over do like in the past , just twice a week swimming , twice a week at the gym , three days off to visit grandkids and kids . 

YoungAtHeart

I pulled hoses all over the place and watered first thing.  We have not had rain in awhile, and I don't want to lose my new perennials.

Then - I got to swim - AGAIN!  AHHHHHHH!  😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are pretty resilient unless you have had a drought aren’t they or no ? You are way smarter than I in regard to gardening but I’m not too shabby either , but more gardening than plants and better at indoor plants than outdoor ones . Glad you got to go swimming again , hope you can for many more times . 

Sootie

Worked out side today all day......due to all the rain the bushes needed trimming...it was getting like a jungle out there. Then, I straightened three stones in  our path! I did not think I could do it......but I did! Have been asking Charlie to do it FOREVER.......but he never seems to "get to it". Scraped the moss off the bricks, ran to Lowe's and got some bricks to close in the bottom of our fence....the new dog can be an escape artist and I just don't want to take a chance! FINALLY, I made zucchini bread. I have never made this before and I am not a great baker or cook. I hope it turns out ok. It is cooling as I write this. Very busy day....love when I accomplish everything I wanted to (rarely happens!!!)

@Cousin-Itt Glad Gogo is doing well. As far as acting your age, I would just like to say .....I thought growing old would take longer!!!!!

@Giulia I am so sorry you are experiencing another loss. Praying for strength for you to once again handle this sad part of life.

@RainbowHeart I am so glad you are feeling well enough to attend a concert. Have a GREAT time!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning everyone . Another  sleepless night so I’ve already been up and moving . I will be doing lots of walking today . I hope you all have an enjoyable day moving , swimming walking , doing whatever you like to do .