cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,154 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I got several loads of wash out, cleaned my room and center hall room, did my 25 minutes of laps, made potato salad - and QUIT! 

I want to swim tomorrow, and decided that stopping at that point was in my best interest.

It IS possible! 

Who gnu??!!!

Good to hear you're keeping it clean. 

I stretched my neck

'cause it hurt like heck

put a kink

didn't think

very hard

PrimeNumberJD

Ran 3 miles today. Then I type down the play set; probably going to build a new one this weekend! 

jaimefriggin

I moved a lot of earth today. Here's me holding a 200ish lb rock and looking real cool doing it. xD

pastedImage_1.jpg

TriGirl

I love this. I would do this. You are cool.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Catch a wave pupper!

0 Kudos
Giulia

You're holding a 200 poundish rock like it's a baby.  Gently cradling it, even.  Doesn't even look like you're straining.  Are you sure it's not one of those fake Hollywood rocks?  Looks pretty clean and dirt-free to me.  When you're done with that farm, I'll hire you here.  Deal?  I'll do the chain sawing, you do the rock hauling.  But I get to help dig.  

Speaking of digging, I did manage to get in a couple of hours of heavy-duty weeding.  That is with 4 pronged fork and then back on hands and knees to break up the clots and get out the weeds, and back to standing to use the fork...  It finally rained enough to get through the clay ground.  Hoping for some more weeding tomorrow.  Perhaps out around the perimeter of the veg. garden and IN it - which will be much easier than weeding the wild!  Plucked our first 4 snow peas today.  Positively THRILLING!  Thanked them of course, as I do whenever I pluck from our garden.  For you gardeners out there, if you've never read the Findhorn Garden book - do.  It's a treat.  Lettuce is the best it's ever been.  I finally know what Arugula is.  A spicy add to a salad.  (It was always part of our Mesclun mix, but I just didn't know which it was.  So I bought a packet of Arugula seeds this year to see if that was the taste and  YES!  That's it!)  Beans are a bit slow, but then, we've had so very little sun.  And grasped a few of the wild blackberries that are now ripening all over the place here, small and tart to the tongue. Soon it will be time to put out the Japanese Beetle traps.  They DECIMATE the bean plants.  I spend hours every year plucking them off the plants and dropping them in old pickle jars full of water.  Hundreds of them.  Literally.  Even with the traps.  

TriGirl

I will definitely check out that book! My garden has been thriving this year too. But it shall never contain arugula!!! I love almost all vegetables-- but that one? I will not buy mixes because of it, and at restaurants I'll tell them give me any green except arugula! That and cilantro are the two greens I just cannot.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Wholeheartedly agree on the arugula!  Not a fan!