cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,154 Replies
Giulia

Thanks for answering all those quesitions.  Ah, now THAT makes more sense.  I figured that 2nd photo monolith weighed more than 80 pounds.    But which rock are we talking about below?  The one circled in blue looks like about 80 pounds, the one in the back circled in red looks like it's well over 80 pounds.  Are you digging these out by hand????

1.JPG

What a wonderful place to work.  Must be very soul nourishing, as well as tummy nourishing.  And you answered my other question - those slabs are granite slabs.  Wonderful.  And, I THOUGHT that looked like an apple tree but the trunk is massive.  Must be really old.  Beautifully pruned too.  

"Today's a special day..."  That's ONE way to describe an alternator going bad and having to walk to work and back!  lol  I might call it something other than "special!"  HAHAHA HA.  You certainly do get your "moving" in.  Must be strong like bull (said with thick Greek accent).  

YoungAtHeart

It warmed up nicely - I noticed too late to make my swimming "window," so spent about three hours pulling back one flower bed from certain weed strangling!  Boy, was it ever a MESS!  When I swim, my manual labor is pretty abbreviated - and between it and the rainy days, my beds were sad!

Made ONE happier today.  Another, hopefully, tomorrow.

What's everybody else up to?

Sootie

Another beautiful day here making this SIX beautiful days in a row! Of course, I mostly watched it from my office window.......but, I did get two walks in both in the morning and after work. Supposed to be nice again tomorrow and Friday. UNBELIEVABLE!!

0 Kudos
PrimeNumberJD

Headed north tonight to my old haunts to run an alumni track workout that was started last Wednesday. Did 1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1 minutes of fast paced work, with a one minute break in-between each interval. 

Coach got a little teary eyed telling us it brings love into his heart knowing they did something right as coaches for so many runners to come bqck and brutalized their bodies! 

YoungAtHeart

That sounds INTENSE!

It seems to me that once people experience how much better they feel, physically and mentally, when they exercise, they want to keep at it.  Could be wrong, but that's how it has always been for me.

Your coach got you started - and I know you are grateful that he did.  I hope sometime you get a chance to tell him that!

PrimeNumberJD

I run alone so often that I'm glad to have the company and harder workouts. 

I told him I (we) see him as less of a coach and more of a mentor, mentors are forever and he has been cursed with me as a mentee. Really, he is the type of person we should all inspire to be. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I LOVE to swim alone, with just the birds, and clouds and blue sky to keep me company.  Before the pandemic, I would arrive at my outdoor membership pool when they opened and usually got at least the first 15-20 minutes of quietude.  I have been blessed this summer to have been offered the use of a neighbor's in-ground pool every weekday.  I am in the vulnerable category, so even though my pool is opening, I am not comfortable taking the chance. 

It has been HEAVEN, absolute HEAVEN to be able to swim - let alone with only nature to keep me company.  My friend keeps an eye on me from inside, but I told her if I drown to just let me be - I figure what better way to go than doing something I love so!!!

PrimeNumberJD

I don't believe this vulnerability you speak of, you defy all statistics! 

Heading out for a run, my kids will tell me to "not die" or "not kill myself"; I quietly consider how nirvana it would be to die doing something I love. I totally get what you're saying about just leaving you be! 

YoungAtHeart

Gonna' SWIM today!  Sun is in and out, but I think it's warm enough and the water should be OK.   Looking forward to it warming up a bit - but I know it will happen if I am just patient!

What's everybody else doin' today?

Movin', I hope!

Maki

Indoors today , under the weather .

Think it's the lilac trees that have my asthma flaring . 

Going to miss my walk . I feel summer is so short ... gotta make the most out of every day . 

Feeling useless today grounded by covid ... be gone already ! 

0 Kudos