cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,350 Replies
RainbowHeart

3 miles in the sunshine and 2 kitchen creations. First an apple cut up and baked with some walnuts then drizzled with melted peanut butter, and then 2 kinds of homemade hummus. One with oregano and roasted garlic and the other with some jarred pesto. Easy and yummy 😋 

1000002687.jpg

1000002689.jpg

 I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free 🆓

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

I am jealous of your culinary talents!!!

Giulia

Up at 5 am - Hey @indingrl   Diane Joy, I might have had breakfast with you!  Except you get up even earlier than that!  And what fun.  Take 12 pills in half and hour with 50 gallons of water and wait an hour; drink 50 gallons of water and another half hour wait, then drink another 50 gallons and you're done!  Well, sort of.

Anyway.  I'm alive, one pretty polyp sent off the lab and as my doc wrote on the release papers:   "No more colonoscopies for you" smilie face.  So I guess there is some benefit to being old!   

Friend drove me home, I made devilled eggs and canned soup, cut up carrot sticks and that was that for the day.  Well, though she DID drive me back to get my car and I DID deposit a bill in a drop box and two others in a mailbox.  Tsk Tsk.  (You're not supposed to drive or use "heavy machinery" after anesthesia.  Well, hey, I didn't get my chain out at least!  lol)  Then made a mass of collards and a fish for dinner.  Debating whether to clean it up tonight or tomorrow.    Be well and active ya'll!

@Giulia 

Glad it all came out OK!  😁😂🤣😅

I agree about the ONE benefit I have found of being old!  Can't say I have found many others.

indingrl

360_F_467078990_pfhnwLYT40G71Ia5Huh7OYEgbSc1Zz2j.jpg

 up at 3am and prayed 

Heading outside walking until the winter season hits weather permitting of course 

I walk about half hour at a leisurely pace and then walk about here and there just enjoying my life and trying to practice loving myself first just like I practice loving all others day by day I seem to barely give myself Crumbs of genuine love hmmmm still UNlearning narcissist habits and patterns I was trained in by abusers and addicts it is a life time process for ME as I trudge moving forward on SOME  moments of my day while I learn to live MY OWN life and not people pleasing by living OTHERS lives 

I am learning to trust MY Higher Power who is God with ALL the outcomes for EACH individual and mind my OWN business day by day NotOnePuffEver over ME in my day living life on life's terms with its suddenly happenings 

Hubby and I said His sister Sue has been death ONE month already 

Why does TIME fly when your OLD and not when you waiting to turn 21 years old 

Laughing out loud 

YoungAtHeart

Rainy, drizzly dark and dreary...so I did a bit of cleaning, including the veggie and fruit refrigerator drawers, the downstairs bathroom.  Went out in between bouts and potted the final Farmers Market plant, did a bit of dead heading and bed clean up, then rain sent me back inside.  Watched the end of an Orioles' game.

Guess it was a good day!

😁

RainbowHeart

75 and sunny so off I went. 4 miles and got some goodies to make myself a birthday dessert on Friday. The plan is blackberry trifle with coconut cream. Mmm 

I hope everybody is having a good day,  smoke free 🆓

YoungAtHeart

I get to walk the Trolley Trail in the magical woods today with a friend and the SUN IS OUT!  Good conversation, Jack-in-the-Pulpits, May Apples, the glen and a few waterfalls are in my future.

It IS going to be a good, moving day (as long as my hips behave).

😁

YoungAtHeart

Welp - my hips only partially behaved, so it was more of a slog coming back down (it's uphill going and downhill coming back).  At least I made it (not that I had much choice 😏).

I walked for 30 mins in the park today.  It's raining now, so I am glad I got the walk in.  Nancy, you hit the hills, good for you!

Guilia, I am glad that is behind you (did you catch that)?  You never have to do it again, yay!!!