cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,437 Replies
YoungAtHeart

BEAUTIFUL day today in my neck of the woods.  Spent it edging and weeding and mulching, for a change!  Probably made 10 round trips to the lower 40, so I WAS moving!  Felt good to do it with some sunshine on my face!

😁

RainbowHeart

Beautiful May day in the 70's here, I didn't do much except play around in the kitchen. I created this delicious dessert:

dessert.jpg

It's the blackberries I bought and threw in the freezer yesterday, mixed with some canned coconut cream and a little water, tossed back into the freezer for an hour or two, crushed up with a grapefruit spoon, and then I tossed a few walnuts on top. No added sugar or salt, and absolutely delicious. Left me wishing for mint though, so now I need to look up if mint is a kitten-safe plant.

Not a whole lot of moving today, a short walk this morning was about it, though I did scoop cat boxes so...squats? LOL Now I'm relaxing with some Doctor Who and a glass of iced lavender-chamomile tea. I hope everybody had a good day, smoke free 

Guilia, hope to hear back from you, I know you will be just fine though.  Pretty day here today, sun is out.  Sounds like you guys are busy.  I did 30 mins with Leslie today.  Will be vacuuming soon.

@RainbowHeart  How do you freeze the blackberries? Just throw them in the freezer? Do you need to do anything first? IS a freezer bag OK or what DO you use? I have never frozen fruit. This looks delicious.

I wash them, let them dry on a towel and then put them back in the pint container and then put it in the door of the freezer @Sootie . I also have a big covered bowl for cut up fruits like kiwi and pineapple that I save from dying on the counter lol and then I use it for smoothies.

Try frozen grapes! The very best frozen fruit! I even have a recipe for "margarita grapes" I've served at a BBQ 🌞

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

You are making me HUNGRY!  That looks divine!  Whatever you do, don't plant mint in the ground, Invasive doesn't begin to describe it!  Hope kitties will be fine with a pot of it!

I don't have any "ground" where I'm living now, so It would be a smallish planter in a sunny window @YoungAtHeart 

I absolutely refuse to pay $4 for a small container of dead WEEDS that will gladly take over your whole yard if given the chance. But Ripley is a terminal plant eater (all that survives is the cactus, and don't think Ripley hasn't tried) and given its heartiness, I think it would make a great houseplant. I just need to make sure it won't make her sick 🙂

P.S. @YoungAtHeart , the blackberries are a "weed" here too. Amusing to me 🙂

P.P.S, lol - We even have our own strain of blackberries, Marionberries, named for the county immediately south of where I live. They are bigger, sweeter, and better for pies. I've heard that we aren't very nice about sharing them with others, which is a shame. Nothing like my grandmother's blackberry dumplings, where she would boil blackberries and sugar and who knows what else in a giant pot, then add dumplings. Like in chicken and dumplings, same recipe. Let them cook and serve hot in a bowl with vanilla ice cream and a stem of mint. Best. Memory. Ever. ❤️