cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,112 Replies
Maki

Good morning all .

This morning , checking in on my GD hockey game then out to get some groceries .  I’m having the  last coffee grounds this morning . Us addicts can’t go a day without coffee . 
I’m dying to try making carrot ginger soup .Never had it . 5.00 a bowl at the seniors centre . I can make a whole pot for likely 10.00 . 
I’ll do my exercises . Don’t want to , but my muscles say do .  I will be watching tv on a hard chair today and that for me is hard .  I mean who wants to relax watching a hockey game in a hard chair but she says if you do it one day , then consistently , then one day you won’t do it any other way . There are lots of things I don’t like to hear or want to do that are good for me lol . @Giulia , if you looked kinesiology up on u tube she doesn’t do anything to me just teaching us exercises to help with balance and strength as we age but yes it is fascinating . 
I’m no different than many here , I struggle with motivation as well . It is self inflicted really though because I know if I move I feel better , I know if I get out and into a group settings I feel better . I think Covid seclusion chronic illness and everything happening in the world today might have had a part of myself getting in this comfort zone of being unmotivated . Safer to go to church in my home than go to church in a crowd ,  safer and easier  to do my  exercise in home than get out of the pyjamas and go out , etc etc . I have to remind myself every day , don’t get stuck, get unstuck . In fact that statement in on my fridge . It helps me .  
Hope everyone moves as best able , keeping in mind each of us is different with different ailments . Lets give ourselves some credit if we do five minutes or three minutes of something , it’s worth it . OSAAT . 

RainbowHeart

Good morning moving friends, I woke up today in a better mood than in quite a while and my bed head is spectacular so I took a selfie 😺

1000002467.jpg

 I will do a couple of short walks and figure out how to get some laundry done. I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds until my stitches come out, so it will be several trips up and down the stairs just to get it started, then several more to get it back to my apartment. Today though, I think I can do it. I won't get it all done, there really is quite a mountain, but at least I'll get my favorite quilt and soft blanket done, as well as some clothes and so on. I've decided this afternoon I'll just go inside the apartment gym to see what machines they have. No lifting yet but I just want to see what's there. It's a start!

I hope everybody is having a good day, smoke free 🆓

@RainbowHeart 

Cute (and infectious) smile, Staci!

😊

You my dear friend @RainbowHeart look beautiful and love the morning do

Maki

Ok  @Giulia ,I feel better , thanks for clarifying . I certainly don’t want anyone hurt because of something I might suggest . I know myself and my abilities only . I expect others might only do if they feel safe in doing so , not as I do .I have no degrees lol . Just self experience according to my disability lol . I’ve never  done anything as you describe ( yet anyway ) with the bands nor have my teachers had me do that so we are all individuals with different needs . I did do something like that at physio but not with a band . Thanks , so glad you responded bk . I was worried . 
Good job at least going down to see what you might be able to do , rainbowheart . That’s a step forward . You are as beautiful as always bed head or not . 

Giulia

By the way, thanks to you, I just ordered an over-the-door resistant bands anchor strap.  Picture below.  This is going to be a whole lot more useful than tying a knot in one end and sticking it over the door or through the side.  It can just stay there and I don't have to remove it each time.  AND @RainbowHeart  you know what?  It's incentive to get me going! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Anchor.JPG 

biscuit9

You guys are moving and shaking and inspiring.  Rainbowheart, like Nancy, you won't see a photo of me just out of bed, it's bad enough that my poor husband has to see me.  You look wonderful and adorable and oh so pretty and a lovely smile. Guilia, I hope these bands help strengthen you and get you ready for some arm wrestling.  Thanking you for the "angel in the tomato".  I even like seeing photos of veggies, all good to me.  Maki, I hope you get a chance to make that orange ginger soup.  I didn't even know such a soup existed.  The kinesiology class sounds interesting and thanks for sharing what you are learning.  Greetings to Suzy and Cousin Itt and Sootie and Indingirl.  Didn't mean to forget anybody.

My last workouts were on the trip, we did 2.5 mile loop on a hike the last day, in the Guadalupe Natl Park.  It was hard but I finished, ahead of the 8 yr old 😁.  When we got back, I walked with my daughterinlaw in Ark. and they have HILLS.  I also helped unload and unpack the RV, which meant a few trips up a hill (the RV would not go up their hill). They live on a hill.  Since arriving back home, I haven't done an intentional workout.  Few days ago, my knee pulled a @YoungAtHeart .  In other words it felt like if I turned or twisted the wrong way I would do harm, so I babied it for that day.  Next day it seemed fine.  Like your hip, the tenderness came and went out of nowhere!  Makes no sense to me, but I didn't push it, I babied it.  I took the truck and washed it this morning and spent an hour afterward cleaning the inside.  I don't take my mobility for granted and I plan to get back into my routine soon.  Take care of your health and I will try to do the same.  

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

You are an attractive young lady, no matter the hair muss!  I wouldn't share a picture of me when I first get out of bed!!!!

YoungAtHeart

Welp, my favorite trail with the Soring forest glen is CLOSED!  boooooo!  An area that had been hazardous fenced continued to erode with all the rain we have had, the boulders that were supposed to stabilize it crashed down the hillside and the hill collapsed into the stream below.  They are working to restore it, but I imagine it will take months!  BOOOOOOOO!

So we walked by the river, through the historic town and ate outside - but I missed my forest!

(at least the sun was out!_)

😁