cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,167 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I did 2 1/2 mile walk with pool friend Gretchen.  Came home and dug Spring Onions out of my lawn for over an hour.  THAT is as never ending as branch pick up!  Eventually hope to have them GONE, though!  Then made a wreath out of some gathered grapevine, hopefully the right size for next year's holiday wreath.  I hang a child's sled on the front wall of my house, and the wreaths I make are usually larger than it needs.  I  realized that I will have to make the fairy entrance with the support structure in place....so first need to gather sticks of the right size/configuration and bury each 2" (at least) in the ground.  Still need to find branches/sticks required.  Work in progress!

It was a perfect day, and I enjoyed it to the max!  Hope everyone else did, too!

Kimshine

It was a beautiful day here in Cincinnati! I got up early and cleaned my dad's apartment, changed his sheets, (he said they were only on for 5 weeks 🤮) and helped him put together his new recliner I bought him. He was sitting on a lawn chair in his living room for 7 months. He said he was fine but he's 80 so I just couldn't get comfortable with that for him.

I came home to clean up my yard and the neighbors yard. He has a huge Maple that loses a lot of branches in high winds and we had high winds yesterday. I also cut his grass for him. He's a traveling nurse so he pays me to cut during the summer. Then I sat in my lawn chair and turned clouds into pictures until my grandson spotted me outside and wanted to be chased. He's more wearing than everything else but it's great to see his curly, red mop bouncing as he tries to get away from me. It was a great day.

Maki

Full day with lots on my mind , not a lot of moving . I have been out tho , service , company then non stop phone calls . Oh well , it was a rest day today anyway , still have a couple hours I can do something before turning in , so I will get right to it and go shovel the deck snow , then wash this kitchen floor, always good excersise but boy hurts the knees now. Tomorrow is going to be good, I have an outing planned which involves lots of moving . 

Maki

Full on day of moving today , and glad , I change rooms in summer due to traffic noise which seems to carry even tho the high traffic zone is several miles away , so my back is adjusting and sore this morning .. the walk and activities today will help . 

11E8E5D1-9C28-4675-8371-2ABBFEB2035B.jpeg
Pup cozy in her whittle bed . Not in any hurry for her walk . 
She had a hair cut yesterday , but chilly lol won’t go out lol . She will push it to at least noon .She is so funny . 12 F atm . I’ll be moving … faaast to keep warm . 

RainbowHeart

*yawn*

Morning moving friends. I am battered and bruised from my tumble out of the giant truck, and would love a few more hour's of sleep, but I am up and moving. Back to kind of a "normal" day today. Half a day of work, my night to cook, a walk in there somewhere.

Absolutely stunning sunrise happening....have a wonderful moving day moving friends!

PXL_20230327_135322149.jpg

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

Tumble out of a big truck?  Oh, no!

I did 2 1/2 miles early this morning before the clouds and showers move in.  It was beautiful, so really enjoyed it.  Some blossoms from it:

PXL_20230327_134102255.jpg

After some breakfast, will go on a branch hunt for the fairy entrance.  I will be outside and moving as long as the sunshine holds.

RainbowHeart

My son in law has a giant truck, the seat is at the level of my head. My daughter was going to give us a ride to the bus station, and I tried to lift myself up into the truck, lost my grip, and fell to the pavement. Some real doozy bruises happening on my left leg and back, but I don't think I broke anything. Just hurts. @YoungAtHeart 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

😣  Hope it doesn't hurt TOO bad! 

SuzyQ411

@RainbowHeart 

hug.virtual.snoopy.jpg

Sending you a gentle virtual hug !!!

❤️ 

0 Kudos
Maki

You need your sil to keep a little step stool in his truck @RainbowHeart if you take it often , then not so high a climb .