cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,185 Replies
tuckeww

So sorry '  about what happen, if you can try thinking  about that which makes you happy
hopefully that will bring u more pleasure-which could ease the pain. Good luck

JACKIE1-25-15

You can take the horse to the trough but you can not make them drink.  Just left doctors office with brother. DR says he is okay but PT is suggested.  He refuses as he has in the past is why he is falling because his legs are weak and have no muscle.  Dr says if you do not use you will lose.  He says he knows that but still refuses to even exercise in bed laying down watching tv while everyone waits on him hand and foot. I am done.  A hard head makes a soft butt. Deep breathes. Tonight I am sleeping in my bed at my house like everybody else. lol  God I love him. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@JACKIE1-25-15 

Your brother breaks my heart.    It's not like you are asking him to quit smoking - or lose 100 pounds!  🙄  Might you get a home PT to begin?  I had one come to the house from a Visiting Nurse Association when I was just out of the hospital from various breaks.  Maybe if he sees immediate improvement, and he WILL, he might be more willing to give it a go. I started one go-round by just taking the walker down the driveway and back.  By the third session I could go down the driveway and  across  the front sidewalk - then shortly,  to the end of the block and back. No reason, either, that the family can't say, "if you won't help yourself, we may not be available in the future?"  You don't have to follow through if that is too tough love for you, but no reason you might not make the threat?

Good that you have drawn the line and are taking care of you now!  Sorry you had to make that choice.

Nancy

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

@YoungAtHeart He wants none of it in any shape form or fashion.  After a stroke in 2015 he refused pt and continues to do so.  I think it is the dementia that does not connect..  Says he is retired. I think he prefers being served.

0 Kudos
tuckeww

Note; sometime you just have to keep it simple, & put it  in a question such as ,what can you 

yourself do to help us help u ,because we are  not giving up and nor should you.

Sootie

@JACKIE1-25-15  We had similar issues with my Father in law. He simply would not do anything the doctor said. The threat may have been cruel but his four children sat down with him and said...Dad, if you don't listen to the doctor and get some PT and some good food, your next fall may land you in a nursing home. We cannot take you to our homes as we all have stairs (truth). The nursing home thing scared him and he did follow (to some degree) what he was told. He at least did exercises so he stopped falling all the time. It is sad when people give up and hard to decide what to do. I dread it as I think my husband will be difficult some day if he should have healthy issues....he just has that stubborn attitude. Luckily (knock on wood and God bless him) he is as healthy as a horse and may he stay that way forever!

JACKIE1-25-15

Off to the gym

RainbowHeart

I walked my feet off in work shoes today! Luckily they are fairly comfortable. 11,000 steps, yikes! But I was doing the real work of the job, some of which involved walking around the (huge) building a few times. I'm going to go soak in the tub now in the hopes my legs and tootsies won't be sore tomorrow. Only 2 hours of work tomorrow, then I might even get Friday off. It won't always be that way, but my supervisor (Puja) said she wants to start me off with fewer hours then slowly ramp them up. End of October though the end of the year I'll have to be full time, but I can go back down when Puja gets back from India at the start of 2022. (Really? I'm using 2022 in a sentence? LOL) So I'm going from not working for 8 years to being the temporary head of a department, albeit a department of 2. Yikes! I know I can do it though, and it will keep me busy during a time of year it's best I'm busy. My cat might be mad at me for being gone all day, but the paychecks will be nice. My poor laptop is on its last legs, and I've been saying that for a year. I made it a deal, it lasts another 6 months and I won't donate it to a rage room 🙂

I hope everybody had a good moving day ❤️

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

WOW - 11,000 STEPS??!!  WOW! Hope the soak helped!

I did four windows and ironed curtains for them, got them back up, organized and cleaned the shelf over my washer, washed all the woodwork, organized and cleaned the area below my work bench, cleaned all the pictures.  All ready to vacuum, wash and wax the floor tomorrow....and another room will be DONE!  I mooo-ved!

Hope everyone else is, too!

indingrl

YAHOOOO 3 miles done and thank everyone for moving too!