cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,185 Replies
YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

I vacuumed the foyer and main hall at 7:00 last night!

Today I get to go into the pool AGAIN!  Not sure how much I will swim - kinda' tuckered from the housework, but at least I will get in a couple!  And that will make me HAPPY!

😊

RainbowHeart

9800 steps so far today, just wandering around my neighborhood killing time. For whatever reason I've been bored out of my skull today. Probably another couple thousand steps this afternoon if it's not too hot, or some yoga and arm exercises in my room if it is. Fasting labs tomorrow morning, yippee. LOL. I've been meaning to do them the past couple of days but keep forgetting and having my 5am coffee like it's any other day. I have a big note on my door now that says, "NO COFFEE". Hopefully I will see it in my bleary-eyed state.

@YoungAtHeart So lucky to have a pool you can use. Must feel so lovely when it's hot 🙂

YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart The pool is  a chilly 76 degrees, but since I am not out in "public" I can wear my Neoprene shirt and shorts!  Keeps you quite warm after a couple of hard and fast laps!  Never had the nerve to wear them in my membership pool-maybe next Spring when I am REALLY old?!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

@RainbowHeart 9800 steps that is AWESOME. Good job.

tuckeww

keep up the good work,great job

JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning all.  I am off to play with the seniors. Thought for today ...When you walk into a room light it up. Let your light shine. 

indingrl

Good morning @JACKIE1-25-15  and everybody moving for your heart healthy non smoker lifestyle TODAY!!

Just finished  3 aerobic miles with my great coach Leslie Sansone! Thanks for letting me share 💖

GrandmaCj

Well I was certainly moving today. My daughter heard that I was driving around with bald tires so she bought me new tires! So I went to Walmart to get them. I first went to customer service where they told her I should go to pick up the money. Nope no money here. That's what the lady there said in the worst broken english I could barely understand her. She told me that I needed to go to automotive and it should be there.  I walked the entire Walmart Supercenter. I went back to auto to pick up my car and she was telling me the price. I told her that they have the money. She sent me back up front to the money area of Walmart. Oh my goodness. My legs held up in there but my back is screaming at me lol. So lots of back and forth and walking around. I'm pooped 💩. So I was really moving today! Felt good. I don't know how many steps I got in with my fitbit broken 😕 but I can guarantee it was a lot.

Caroline
YoungAtHeart

@GrandmaCj 

Not only were you mooo-ving, but I didn't read one word about you wanting to smoke over your frustration with the process!

YES on both accounts!

😊

RainbowHeart

I was going to be super early for an appointment yesterday, so I got off the bus at the waterfront and crossed the Tilikum bridge and came back across to the bus stop again, for 5,100 steps and some gorgeous views 🙂

Downtown Portland in the backgroundDowntown Portland in the background