cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,199 Replies
Giulia

Yes, I can see where doing nothing and hurting yourself is even MORE frustrating than experiencing it when you know why!  And yes there is treatment for a-fib.  I'm on a blood thinner, for one, (that's more to prevent strokes and heart attacks) and haven't had my appt. with the heart doc yet, but since my husband just went through this himself a month ago, I expect a possible cardioversion or some other fun thing.  Depends on the type of a-fib.  I'll let you know.  And yes, it's quite disturbing when your heart skips beats, or races for hours at 120 beats.  For some, they aren't even aware that it's happening.  Heart disease is the #1 killer of women with 1 in 5 (or 1 in 4, depending on the stats) dying from it.  Rather alarming statistic either way.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

Well, at least there isn't a chance of dying from all this - but at times I am not so sure THAT is a good thing!

🤔

0 Kudos
Giulia

😳  Yup, I agree!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Another entry in the 17 Year Cicada Journal (because I KNOW all who are missing this are disappointed!)

E2aPCUHXEAAgsIs.jpg

RainbowHeart

Those things are creepy @YoungAtHeart , I am glad we don't have them in Oregon.

I am sore today but need to pick up a book from the buy nothing site so I'll walk the mile-and-a-half or so to do that.

I hope everybody has a nice weekend planned?

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@RainbowHeart 

You don't know what you're missing.  The noise is equivalent to a leaf blower, going full-tilt from dawn to dusk - I can't walk out in my backyard without earplugs. They don't live but 24 hours, and their large, dead carcasses turn rancid in the heat.  Glad I won't probably be around for another 17 year cycle!

JACKIE1-25-15

Today I started the morning with coffee and a mimosa. Holiday time for me. I am chillin'. I worked hard yesterday thinning out a flower bed.  Things seem to get big pretty fast.  I trimmed, relocated and moved a few items.  It was nice to just sit back and look at if after finishing.  Broke a lot of sweat. 

Tags (1)
JACKIE1-25-15

flowerbed3.jpgflowerbed2.jpgflowerbed.jpg

will I guess I will try again. Hopefully it will poast. 

YoungAtHeart

@JACKIE1-25-15 

I won't even BEGIN to show you a photo of my crowded perennial garden(s).  No thinning by me this Spring!  Yours look lovely and show all the work you put into it.  Is that a shrub or small tree in the background?  Like its inclusion!

Ex_Nancy

Our garden is crowded too... we had a lot of work on the house but here's a photo I like from about 5 years ago - 52378431_2151964081509338_3921335321983188992_o.jpg