cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mefrobish91

I quit vaping December 16th!

Hi everyone! I just joined this community, hoping to talk with everyone else going through the struggle 🥴 Ive wanted to quit vaping for a long time, and in August I started working out regularly! So I'm really looking forward to overall health and fitness improvement. I hated working out then vaping right after...honestly my lungs hurt lol

This is my first full day ONE, so the cravings are BAD right now. Everything feels bright and loud and overwhelming. I don't really feel like myself. I actually cried during my workout yesterday just because the cravings were so bad 😅😅 

Guess I'm just venting, but let me know how y'all made it through those first few days! 

Much love ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️Melanie
Labels (3)
5 Replies
Barbscloud

@mefrobish91 Welcome.  Congrats on your first day of quitting.   Glad you introduced yourself and reached out to the community.   Having support from fellow quitters makes quitting possible.   

Distract yourself right now.  Go for a walk, listen to music, etc.; anything to keep your mind and body busy.  We've all experienced those early days, so you will  get through them by doing the work.

When I found the Ex,   I leaned about nicotine addiction and that I needed to a plan to cope with cravings, triggers, etc.   I skipped these steps in the past and was never successful.  And having the support of fellow quitters saved my quit several times early on.

With knowledge and support, you can do this too.   We're here to share you're journey.  We've been there, so we know what it takes to be successful.   Work and commitment will get you where you want to be - an ex-vaper .    

This link is a great place to start:

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Also, consider taking the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.  Maybe do that right now!

Re: December Daily Pledge 2022 - EX Community

I look forward to celebrating many milestones with you on your journey.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

mefrobish91

Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement! I will do the daily pledge now!

❤️Melanie
Barbscloud

@mefrobish91 How are doing?   Hope your quit is still going well.

Happy Holidays

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

I was a cig smoker, Quit Day 91, who tried to vape (bought all the stuff), but stayed smoking cigs to get my nicotine fix.  The first 3 weeks were the most difficult for me,  I thought I would be just fine after 3 days, cos the nicotine is gone in 3 days out of your system.  It was the pull of the mental addiction that I dealt with from day 2.5 to about day 21.  I found that I was quite sad the first week.  My "friend" nicotine, was now screaming at me, nonstop, but I wasn't giving in to it....this time.  As a nicotine addict, I cannot have just one puff.  One puff, just leads to another and the monster is NEVER satisfied.  I wrote, I read, I crocheted, I distracted.  After the sads, I went through the mads.  I was mad that I couldn't smoke.  Good to hear you are working out, that's a wonderful  thing for you.  Read all you can about nicotine addiction.  Nicotine addiction is as strong as a heroin addiction.  Read about COPD, it will give you more reasons to quit nicotine.  Stay strong and be stubborn.  Your lungs will thank you.  

mefrobish91

A "friend" is exactly what it's like! I definitely feel that the mental addiction is stronger than the physical. Thank you for sharing!

❤️Melanie