cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies

Chrystal.......the dress....you were worried about the dress??! not sure anything normal is going to count. Did you clean harder than normal or dance harder than normal?? Hee hee....I am just trying to be your own personal "inner motivator"!!!! I don't care what you do.....but you care.....so if you didn't do anything more than normal....you are your own critic!! 🙂 And we are all here for good solid support and a bit of pushing eh??? If I post tomorrow morning that i didn't walk - I expect people to kick my butt!!!! oh boy - I better get off this site now and go walk!!
0 Kudos
cindywilson

Chrystal, I love to dance and do it constantly too, who needs music? I live in the country too!
0 Kudos

Hey Sally & Cindy did theirs....YAY!! I just got back from mine....ah it felt good!! Sally explained it well....I sorta felt like she described....although my feet got tired before I did.......so I need to build muscle in my feet (ha ha how sad!) and then I felt my fat work out.....you know when your fat jiggles because your walking so hard....I was gonna slow so the driver by people didn't see my fat jiggle....but man it jiggling felt good, like the shaking was working tooo!! ha ha - had to share!! It was a great walk! I don't know how far.,.....but I did 30 minutes and combined a small jog here and there with my fastest walk I could keep. Filled the lungs and HAVE NOT SNACKED TODAY!!!!!! AMAZING!!

You guys are AMAZING!! Thank you for supporting me in this!!!!!!

YAY for us! We are moving and we are SMOKE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
ctm

Hello everyone. This sounds like my kind of group. Just got back from a 6 mile walk tonight. WOO HOO!!!
0 Kudos
sandi8

okay sure brag i try 6 miles i am belly up lol way ta go chuck
0 Kudos
ctm

I'm not bragging Sandi. I got sloppy with the junk food lately and need to get back on track sooner rather than later 🙂 The "No New Addiction" part of this group is what I need now!!!
0 Kudos
sally3

Yippeee - Hi Chuck!!!!
  Glad you're here, we could use some pointers! Wow, I was pround of 1 mile, so you are going to be our inspiration, ok?????? I'm so happy you are here!
0 Kudos
sandi8

Chuck no didnt mean it that way i luv ya dude i am jelouse or how ever you spell it
0 Kudos
ctm

Hi Sally. Thanks for the welcome!!!

Pointers... Get a good pair of shoes and don't use them too long. You want to have a good shock absorbing capacity or you can get injured. Start slow and work your way up. Patience is key. Weight goes on fast and comes off slow. That's just the way it is. Have fun and if it hurts, STOP doing it.
0 Kudos
sally3

Ok - so for beginners how far do you suggest walking the first week and daily?
0 Kudos