cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
newlife5

well im back... i started walking...i measured out a mile using my car  so i can begin waliking.. ive done it three days in a row... my legs are sore  .. i know its not far but i gotta start somewhere.... i decided today its time to increase  my goal for now is to walk it once in the morning when i get up and once in the evening...  maybe i'll chart out another mile in a few weeks...

0 Kudos
torina2

I want to do the both. I need more strength.

0 Kudos
aztec

HI Torina, Izzy and KC

glad you stopped by,

I have been under the weather the last few days, today I am going walking a couple miles. thanks for the encouragement, I love to see new people here,

I apologize for not being around

Nice to meet you

Keep moving, zumba, walking, whatever you do !!!! Great job

Aztec

0 Kudos
abowers87

Monday I start my gym membership!! Day two on my quitting smoking!! 25 pounds is what I want to lose! Someday I would love to run a marathon!!! That would be like a dream come true! But first I need to be able to breath then I need to learn to run! I know that it sounds bad but this is a life change for me that I just started for the millionth time and the last time!!!

0 Kudos
fishrmann

Hi all! Sorry, it's been a while. Still smoke-free @ 243 days and loving it. This week have logged 48 miles in 4 runs, accross 5 days (I took Weds off - just TOO HOT!! LOL).. In FULL training for next half marathon, on Oct 5th. Down about 36 pounds since starting ftness program in Feb, exactly 6 months ago.

Life as a HEALTHY non-smoker ROCKS!!!!

0 Kudos
aztec

H fishrman glad to see you, I  took a good long walk 50  minutes yesterday and that was good for me, Congratulations on your prep and ambitions, Great job, and down 36 lb. I had a feeling when you were talking to HWC you'd be a go -getter, great job, thanks for the inspiration

Aztec

abower87, great job on the gym memebership and exercise, hope you come here and post your progress.

nice to have you aboard.

Have agreat day guys!

0 Kudos
Francis

Hi!!:) i just joined the group! Not that i want to lose weight, maybe the ~5 pounds i put on during these last 3 weeks that ive been smoke free! but mostly to maintain and to be healthier, and to get the support that i need here! I know some of you in this group, would love to hear what everyone is doing to keep those extra pounds in check!

Talk to you soon! lets have a great healthy smoke free wednesday!! 🙂

0 Kudos
aztec

I everyone, I'ts labor day, I am getting out with my friend for a couple mile walk this morning, Yeah!

it's about time. I hop e everyone else is moving too.!

Love Aztec

0 Kudos
aztec

walked a mile this morning

Love to you all Aztec

0 Kudos
mellie4

hello i just joined this group. im 4 days clean!! i went to the gym during lunch break!! i worked out just a bit. and as soon as all this rain goes away i will be walking a few times a week.

0 Kudos