cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
aztec

Hi quitter and Terri,

I walked 2.5 miles yesterday mroning and rode around in the heat of the day on the bike for about a half hour,  I plan to do smome bike riding this afternoon too. gld to see you around, great job on the progress, keep moving it's so worth it.

move it or lose it they say and it's so true.

love Aztec

0 Kudos
EllenMT

My exercise is consisting of digging and filing in ditches for a new water/electric line.  Can only work 40-50 minutes in the heat, go inside cool off and 20 minutes later start again.  I'll be helping my neighbor mow/weed whack her property this week.  Her grass is 2-3' in some places.  She has 5 acres to our 6 acres.  Wearing the hat and drinking plenty of water.  Who has time for more structued exercise. As long as I'm moving life is good.

0 Kudos
newlife5

glad i came to check this forum... i was already giving up on exercise... now im motivated to get out there3 and walk again.. the real benefit cones from  being consistant.. .. everyone knows that but very few follow that  i am no exception...

0 Kudos
skittles8810

these are subjects i love.. i love to run, bike, hike and do any exercise. i also have a facebook page for this if anyone wants to join it. Its called Biking, Hiking, Running and Photography on face book or just add me as a friend on FB http://www.facebook.com/skittles8810 and u can find it.

amandalee to train properly for a 5k I suggest almost 6weeks of good training. Do intervals of walking/running. 1-2minutes of running and 2-3 mins of walking build up until you can run 3 mins straight. I know a lot about exercise because I used to be a certified fitness and nutrition instructior. So if anyone has questions give'em to me.. this will help keep my mind off smoking too. So go like my page and join my discussions.

0 Kudos
aztec

Hi Skittles welcome

It's nice to have aprofessional in our midst.

Glad you could join us.

I have been riding my bike a little it's pretty hot 100 degrees  anmy meds don't agree with the sun. I haven't gotten to the pool to swim, I go with my friend and she is on vacation for a week, so it will be hiking with mom if she wants to go.

She loves it and a few short rides on the bike during the day , I need to sweat but when I get too hot i get over heated.

its a bummer I love to sweat.

anyways glad you are here Hope you come around more

Love to all Aztec

0 Kudos
aztec

Hey guys, well the heat is kicking my ass as far as outside exercise goes or driving to the pool. i take meds that don't like it one bit and it gives me prssure in my head. so soon, very soon I will be hitting the mat for yoga , meditation and weight training again,

I will try and walk indoors with my friend through august.

then maybe after the summer I can get back to the pool.

menopause isn't helping anything either, trying to get the right supplement, dont' want the hormones and the side effects.

so biking is out, i go to bed real early so I can't ride in the evening.

kinda bummed but i dont' want my head to explode either.

Hope everyone is figuring their work outs out.

love Aztec

0 Kudos
aztec

HI  folks

things are still the same, trying to find some good alternatives to estrogen cream with all the side effects,

my meds don't agree with what I have tried so far, but there are other things. Went back to the cream but it's giving me headaches. sucks.

wish me luck

aztec

0 Kudos
myrtle-turtle

Definitely !  Let's Quit and Get Fit!

I'm afraid of gaining weight but I'm more afraid of ending up tethered to an oxygen tank.

Gotta do it.  Quit date: Aug 14.  Tapering off now, 1/2 year and there, maybe 2 cigs a day.

Going to the gym tonight !  

Found myself overeating already, trying to reign it in.  Last night big bowl of creamy pasta, followed by a bag of doritos and fritos and some chocolate.  Evenings are the hardest (with cigs and food).  Going to get busy and plan out my exercise routine.

Have a good day everyone !  Keep going !

0 Kudos
aztec

Myrtle Turtle.

small portions and lots of veggies and fruit they say, and don't forget protein. You sound like me addicted to carbs.

try low glyciemic carbs .

exercise is great for this quitting adventure and it works to get those feel good chemical going.

Hope you stick with it.

Nice to meet you

Aztec

Hi everyone, hop eto see you all around

0 Kudos
kc_13

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to see this forum.  I feel so strongly about nutrition and about being healthy and happy.  I feel they go hand in hand.  I wanted to talk about the newest fitness craze...ZUMBA.  I believe this is bar-none the most enjoyable way to become fit ever invented.  There are groups everywhere...local gyms, studios.  If you don't like to work out but you do like to dance, this is the workout for you.  It does not feel like a 'work out".  You will look forward to going to class.  I attend strictly because it is so much fun.  The fact that I burn 1000 calories / hour (I work it) is just icing on the cake.  It's for all levels.  You can just march or step-touch if you are tired...then next time, you will know the steps a little better and you will become a little stronger.  At first, the moves may feel foreign to you.  I remember telling myself, "My body just won't do that"....but it will over time. So.....for anyone who is not a "workout person" but wants to get fit, give this a try.  I hope you like it as much as I do.

🙂

0 Kudos