cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising and Health

I am walking every day as long as there is no rain. 30 minutes a day. I probably wasted that much time smoking in the past. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a Wii and a Wii fit so now I can do a work out at home. Especially when I can't get out and walk, winter is coming. Although I will enjoy the walks in the cool weather. Once I get a new job, it may be too dark by the time I get home.
  208 smoke free days!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1,337 Replies
olivia

I am officially on Day 3 of my quit and have gained weight already! I know that quitting affects metabolism so I am not very upset but I plan on starting a diet this coming Monday that should help with losing weight instead of gaining. Wish me luck!
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Hi everyone. I'm on day 20 of quit date and am dieting (trying). Thought you all looked friendly. 🙂
0 Kudos
olivia

I highly recommend Herbalife to lose weight (I have been on the diet and it works wonders) but it is very strict. I figure, hey..if I can quit smoking ...I can do anything! So far I have lost 2 pounds in 3 days(started the diet sooner than I originally planned). If anybody wants to try the diet, let me know 🙂 I'll set you up with my coach Liz. Day 6 of no smoking is going great!
0 Kudos
angeleyes

hello everyone long time hasnt it sorry but im still around ! the weight thing and the smoking thing has been real hard for me ! started over several times ! on day 14 today and doing good so far ! todays my birthday and i feel great i can breath ! yea !!!!!!!

olivia tell me more about the Herbalife thing ???????
0 Kudos
leon

hello im on day 113, the first month of giving up i put on a lot of weight and i was eating all the time. But after that my appetite has normalized, I have more energy for the gym, so i can train harder. My weight has actully dropped now. The money I saved so far has bought me a bicycle which i use to ride to work, 12 miles each day.

I have also started running 3 times a week. Give up smoking and start to replace it with positive habits or activities. :0
0 Kudos

Let's Walk........My NicoDemon reared it's head at me 2 days in a row...I'm done with him. I don't want to begin a food addiction now that I'm in my nicotene quit......Sooooo today I pledge to myself to not sit on the couch when I get home from work.

Today I pledge to walk tonight, I promise to myself to squeeze in 30 minutes of walking time around my neighborhood.

I kindly ask the person that pledges behind me to also committ to moving today, walk, jump dance, whatever your goal is, and also to check on me tomorrow and ask me if I kept my goal.....
0 Kudos
sandi8

I pledge to walk for 20mins today on my tread mill with the window open. Neighborhood not safe to walk in
0 Kudos
sally3

GMvirtual - I promise to walk 1 mile this evening and promise to check on you tommorrow to see if you kept your goal.

I kindly ask the person that pledges behind me to also committ to moving today, walk, jump dance, whatever your goal is, and also to check on me tomorrow and ask me if I kept my goal.....
0 Kudos
cindywilson

I already did my walk and I did one mile, but will check on the person behind me, also danced and used the exercise ball, really fun!
0 Kudos
sally3

Hey, I already did my walk and also did one mile! From my driveway all the way around the neighborhood and back to my driveway is one mile. I took my walking buddy, my chocolate lab. she is the best! Same time every night she goes and gets her leash and will not leave you alone until you go! Now that's a partner!! If we could all get on a routine like animals are used to!!!!

Oh and I did it smoke free!!!!! I FEEL GOOD!!!! YEAH!!!!

I'll check on you ladies tomorow!
0 Kudos