cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Are you up for the "MOVING"challenge?

Jump to solution

Yes is it an early Saturday morning Movers.  Most of us would like to sleep in after a busy week.  HOWEVER we have to get MOVING on the weekend too if you have not met the weekly challenge....NO EXcuses.  Fortunately I am on R & R because I have done my challenges.  So let's get to moving and shaking.  Maybe this will get you going.. I know you can move. Diannnnn‌, bonniebee‌, Giulia‌, gosh finally remember how to spell your name. elvan‌, shashort‌, kristen_9.7.15, @Strudel, Sootie‌, jdesco311‌, YoungAtHeart‌.  I and  Mandolinrain know you can shake.  15 minutes.  SHAKE!!!!!! Come on Daniela2016‌  You too  Calling all my quit buddies.  Let's do it.  Anybody can join.  Yay  Let's keep it moving.  BTW FYI will be tracking my normal steps for today.  Have a great smoke free day. I am

Labels (1)
39 Replies
Giulia

YoungAtHeart‌  Lovely garden.  Interesting that your Bee Balm is all in bloom now.  Mine's just starting.  And those wild iris are so amazing, aren't they?!   Do you dig up your calla lily bulbs and store them over the winter?  Or buy news ones each year?

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Yes, I USUALLY dig up my callas, but year before last the kids had to plant them for me.  I KNEW where they had been, but when I went to dig them - nada!  There went about $80 worth of bulbs.  So - I had to start over last year.

Can't WAIT until they multiply so I can bring some inside without sacrificing the garden setting!

So - you do veggies AND flowers?  Pictures - we need PICTURES!

😉

Mandolinrain

okokokokokokokaaaaayyyyyyy, I think this will be good motivation for me, so Im in!

I helped put sealer all over the new house basement floor today, does that count, cause Im worn out,lol.

No really....I love walking and I love rebounding when I have good balance days, so I will start again in the morning!..

Great idea.!xoxo

Daniela2016

So beautiful Nancy, it is hard in AZ to keep a pretty garden, but I am proud of the Jasmine climbing around 2 pols of the house; only the side of the house facing North is getting some action, pretty dry on the other side

Home_1.jpg

But the Jasmine is growing, and blooming, and now as the monsoon season had started, we can also enjoy the beautiful fragrance.

Iasomie.jpg

Mandolinrain

Very nice!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sharing some of my garden, if I may.  First one just outside the kitchen door (these pics were not taken this year).

IMG_6237.JPG

Another part of the forest...

WP_20130719_004.jpg

My problem is there is no rhyme nor reason nor organization to my gardens.  Sort of like my mind, I guess.  Something works in this area, great, it stays.  If not I'll try it for three years and then if it still doesn't want to be there - I GET THE MESSAGE!   My gardens tend to be toward the wild side because I simply can't throw away the "volunteers."  You gardeners will understand the term.  I've put ads in the local golsn to give away the volunteers.  Not too many people in my area are interested, unfortunately.  So I get an unruly wild garden.  Again, not unlike my mind.  And that's ok with me!

Diannnnn

Wild is cool. I think it looks more natural and free.

Just my 2 cents,

Dian

YoungAtHeart

You describe me to a "T."  Lovely, lovely settings!!!

Just one MORE thing we have in common!  When I made the flower bed along the driveway, the guy with the tiller could not believe all the twists and turns the side toward the yard had!  He kept asking me if I was SURE I didn't just want a straight line??!!!

I had wanted one outside my kitchen window ever since we owned the house and my ex had to make it a major project involving delivery of sand, and pulling up of the sod, and on, and on (and, of course, he never had time to devote to such a thing!)  When he left I threw garden fabric over the grass, mulched over that and waited for the grass to die to nourish the new plants.  VOILA - my new garden!!!

Mandolinrain

I love no rhyme or reason gardens the most, they remind me of English gardens ! Beautiful G and I love 

the iris color, stunning!

0 Kudos
elvan

Daniela2016   Your jasmine is gorgeous, so is your home.  It is lovely and Giulia‌, I am so embarrassed, I could take a picture of my hostas that are being consumed by something that is also consuming my poor rose bush that is in a pot in the backyard, I could take a picture of my overgrown grass, the clover is kind of pretty.  It's a complete and total mess but I am happy to say that three tiny ferns from my OLD yard came back and my GIANT ferns in the back yard also returned and are lush and beautiful even in the messy surroundings.

0 Kudos