cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda_M

Results from Sitewide Poll for EX 8 Location!

Hello, all! 

The results for the poll are in, and Virginia Beach has won with 17 out of 35 votes!!!

Nashville came in second with 14, New Orleans with 2 and Cleveland with 1. Next, we will be determining when we'd like to do the meetup. Virginia Beach's prices tend to go up between Memorial Day and Labor Day, so we've been sticking with mid-May for it, though I reckon we can be open to other times.

EX 5 coincided with a terrific concert weekend called "Beach Music Cruise-In," where they have BANDS ON THE BEACH and an antique car show. So cool! In 2020, that will be Friday, May 8 through Sunday, May 10. EX 7 we booked a little too late to do that weekend, but we also had a great time, so it was still amazing!

I made this a "Conversation" so we can "converse." Please discuss below your thoughts regarding weekends and timing. We'll update you guys regarding date selection.

Take care,

Brenda

47 Replies
Giulia

Just called.  The saleswoman said that the beach is wide open and that there are no fees.  It's just if you plan to be in the bandstand area (as Nancy said).   (Visitor's Center woman said that you can walk up and down the beach.  They may put coverings over the boardwalk so you can't actually see the band from the beach, but the beach is open.)

NOTE:  The sales rep at Best Western said that as of December they're going to change to become a Ramada Plaza by Wyndham and that there will no longer be a complimentary breakfastJACKIE1-25-15Brenda_M

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Well, phooey - that was one of my favorite parts - seeing everybody in the mornings!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well I suspect you can still BUY breakfast there if you wanted.

0 Kudos
Strudel

I agree - oh no! I wonder If they will have breakfast and what the charge will be? We will check on these issues.... Thanks Giulia! (When we checked for EX 5 this was one of the more reasonable places - especially with the option of saving money by staying across the street. It also has the nice restaurant/bar area for meeting up.) 

0 Kudos
Giulia

BTW, she said she'd be answering your email soon, Kathy.

0 Kudos
Madyzsgocka

Well that stinks. I like a place with breakfast, and I really like that hotel, but maybe there is one close by that includes breakfast for comparable price, even a little higher? I never mind paying a bit more for breakfast included. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

The OTHER good thing about that hotel is that it is right across the boardwalk from the music venue that weekend.- they have a little pool, and some cheaper rooms that aren't oceanfront.  We also were able to use their breakfast room for our morning get together with the whole group for the program, awards, etc.

0 Kudos
Madyzsgocka

Yup, all those things - so may be worth staying there and paying for breakfast. The one thing I hope they DON'T do is raise prices while removing breakfast. We don't necessarily have to eat there either. We could scope out some other places within walking distance (impossibly wishful thinking on that one maybe? lol), that has a great breakfast too, and try that. You never know - just a thought. 

Michwoman

I remember there being 2 Best Westerns in VB - is it the North one?

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I like the week-end with the beach music also - and it works well for me being able to take time off from work -