cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda_M

Results from Sitewide Poll for EX 8 Location!

Hello, all! 

The results for the poll are in, and Virginia Beach has won with 17 out of 35 votes!!!

Nashville came in second with 14, New Orleans with 2 and Cleveland with 1. Next, we will be determining when we'd like to do the meetup. Virginia Beach's prices tend to go up between Memorial Day and Labor Day, so we've been sticking with mid-May for it, though I reckon we can be open to other times.

EX 5 coincided with a terrific concert weekend called "Beach Music Cruise-In," where they have BANDS ON THE BEACH and an antique car show. So cool! In 2020, that will be Friday, May 8 through Sunday, May 10. EX 7 we booked a little too late to do that weekend, but we also had a great time, so it was still amazing!

I made this a "Conversation" so we can "converse." Please discuss below your thoughts regarding weekends and timing. We'll update you guys regarding date selection.

Take care,

Brenda

47 Replies
Michwoman

It all sounds good to me!! Hope I can swing it! By the way - I am the oddball who voted for Cleveland LOLOL!! Ithought it might be nice to drive instead of fly and there are lots of things to do there! Maybe another time!

VIRGINIA BEACH IT IS!!!   

YoungAtHeart

Maybe NEXT time you might lobby a bit  - advertise what we might do  - maybe check out the cost of hotels, etc.  We are all familiar with VA Beach - and that might tend to make it a favorite.

0 Kudos
Brenda_M

Cleveland was my one-pointer on the preliminary poll. A visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Yes, please! 

Michwoman

It's on Lake Erie and there are many other things to do!

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I'd look at the calendar. Something In the Water is going to be the weekend before if you choose the same weekend. I'm not sure if they do the beach music thing anymore. The Something In the Water festival was a success last year, so they're expanding this coming year. SOMETHING IN THE WATER | April 20th-26th | Virginia Beach, VA  for more information on that. 

As for where we were to go, I voted Nashville, but love VA Beach. I'm gonna get to Nashville one way or the other  I may even get the mister to go to that one with me. 

Donna

0 Kudos
Strudel

Thanks Donna! This one looks like it costs to see the music....is that the case? (The Beach Music one was free.....so, just a consideration....) 

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

There's a huge fee to attend and town will be nuts. I was mentioning it as a time to maybe avoid VB

0 Kudos
Giulia

Huge fee to attend - what?  Looks like a three day pass- if you order in advance - is just $15.  So, what are you referring to, Donna?

Brenda_M

The Something in the Water concert in April. It’s $200 for three days. Much bigger names than the little beach concerts. Last year had Pharrell, Snoop Dogg, and Dave Matthews Band. But that’s still very pricey just to hear “Happy,” “Drop It Like It’s Hot,” and “Ants Marching,” even though they’re all jams. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah.  But that's the Something in the Water concert, not the Beach music one in May.  Got it.

0 Kudos