cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgy8513

Where Will the 2018 EX Reunion take place?

Where and when is the next EX reunion?      Going to start packing (and losing weight!!!!)  I missed the last 2 and do NOT want to miss the next one.

Sharon

Tags (1)
102 Replies
Posamari

West Coast here! I like your way of thinking SkyGirl!

San Diego/ Oceanside--- one of my very favorite cities in the U.S.  Weather is usually great, it's a friendly city, so much to do and see, food is fabulous,  airport is easy to navigate, it's manageable as far as traffic goes-- unlike LA area where I live...or NYC or DC.  No worries folks...... the great state of California is not going to fall in the ocean, you have my guarantee. One other thing about San Diego...it is not a smoke friendly city. Cigarettes are greatly frowned upon. Now marijuana, that's a different story.   

SkyGirl

Oceanside IS a wonderful city.  I think everyone would love it as much as they loved Virginia Beach.  What would be REALLY fun is if we could all meet in San Diego and ride the Coaster (that train I was talking about in my earlier post) up to Oceanside.  It's such a beautiful ride along the Pacific coastline.  And Dale's cousin owns a Mexican restaurant where "the chile rellenos are as big as your hand!" (Quoting Dale.  And he's RIGHT.  They ARE.  And so delicious.  We've had them every time I have been to Oceanside.)

I found some more pictures that I took in Oceanside.  NOTE to everyone:  I'm posting them just for fun, not trying to pressure or sway anyone's choice.  Ok, maybe a tiny bit...?

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

WOW!  I have never been able to attend an EX reunion (yet!) so holding one at this destination would be personally fabulous for myself and many others living out this way. I understand not everyone can be pleased at all times so I understand that the majority will rule.  There are several (at least) folks that are fortunate enough to attend most reunions and I would love to be able to meet and visit with my online friends. I cannot fly without going first class, again due to health issues, and it is risky for me.  Taking a train, as long as it isn't a really long ride is doable. Does it sound like I'm begging? Sorry, but who shall represent me other thank myself!!!!

Timing (for the most part) is of no consequence to me since I am on SS Disability.  I defer that to others that are working!

Me again on Sunday 8/13.  I've thought a lot about this post since I wrote it in the wee hours of the morning the other day.  I want to apologize to anyone my post might have offended. I know that we all walk to a different drummer and in no way desire to insinuate that no one has a similar situation and is overcoming, enduring adversities etc. that would also preclude them from attending a reunion.  That said, go forth and prosper (whatever that means to you)  peace.

Ha ha ha Edibles are my claim to fame! 

Diannnnn

You make an excellent point and I agree. I mean seriously, he would keep us in stitches for sure!

I think that is so cool that you can meet folks on here. Must be a blast! 

I haven't been out west for 15 years, CA for even longer. Bet them Amtraks run that way too.

Couldn't agree with your points more Sky. That's all I'm going to say at this point, except how wonderful it would be to meet Dale and others. Dale has been and still is one of the most vital members of this site. He has helped so many people, me among them! In the interim I still be praying on it!

Pops

That's if it doesn't fall into the ocean first 

gregp136

I would gladly host a tour of all the great playgrounds in the Milwaukee area, if it ends up near here, but I would have to vote on the west coast, for the reasons already given.  We need to honor those who led so many of us here.

Patty-cake

I am also in favor of looking at a three or four night cruise in the Bahamas or Western Caribbean. Usually when booked in advance, total cost is by far less than the price of hotel, food, & entertainment combined. The all inclusiveness of the cruise would take the burden of planning fun events off the organizers. And cruises can accommodate all abilities and special needs.

There's no one place that will please everyone. Many ideas are being shared with the input given in this running conversation. When planning starts getting underway, this blog or conservation will be a good source to reference.

Daniela2016

Yes, please San Diego sounds wonderful!!!