cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ziggyy

Ziggyy's Status Update on 04/07/2020

I find myself on my phone more then ever to keep my hands buzy. This is my 2nd day of quitting and babysitting my grand kids(2) is making nervous. Chewing nicotine gum helps some. What else should I do?
7 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX  I am a firm believer education is the key to success. Let me say it again.  Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work.  With the help of the EX Community, you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and learn more about  your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come

I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me More info is available at this site  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating this site go to. Community Help‌.  The main thing is to stay close.  Come here first before you light up. Talk about it.  We will help. 

sweetplt

You received some great advice from Jackie...~ Colleen 491 DOF (keep that quit going...)
MarilynH

You have some great advice above me, deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can you can do this quit believe it and keep moving forward stacking up those precious Days Of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON it's definetly not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free..... Ziggyy
elvan

It will get easier with time. Start a journal, do something to reward yourself, sometimes figuring that out takes up quite a bit of time.
​Ellen
Barbscloud

Congrats on 4 days now?    If being on the phone works for you, then do what works.   We all found our own activities that worked for us.
​Keep moving forward.
​Barb
MarilynH

How are you doing today Ziggyy? Please let us know how you are doing we're all here to help you in any way we can....