cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to F&S Group

I know that faith and spirituality plays an important role in some members quit journeys, particularly those who have joined here in this group.  This group is here to ensure that people who choose to incorporate faith and spirituality into their quit journey can do so safely and openly amongst others who likely share similar beliefs instead of in the public areas.

Having a private group also gives me the ability as the Community Manager of EX to protect those who come here from others who might come to intentionally create conflict. Any member is permitted in this group so long as they're respectful to the beliefs of those in the group. Anyone not respecting other members of this group will be removed from the group and possibly the community entirely. 

To help me, in accordance with our community guidelines, please ensure that any posts that contain faith or spiritual based messaging be posted here rather than in public areas of the EX Community.

• This will help reduce the need for moving posts
  • It will reduce the likelihood that conflict will arise

Please note: While I am the owner of the group and an employee of Truth Initiative, I will not largely be participating other than to announce new members.

Now on to the fun stuff:

In order to get the group more acquainted with each other I ask you that you introduce yourself to the group and share how your faith and spirituality has impacted your quit journey in the comments below. 

• As new members request access I'll welcome them in this topic with an @mention so please say hello to them.
  • I also encourage you to invite others, when applicable, to  Faith & Spirituality - EX Community  Group as you see them posting around EX Community.
EX Community Admin Team
85 Replies

"I sit here amazed!"  Truly.  You have been through it Suzy.  I don't know that anyone would have blamed you had you smoked, but you leaned on God instead.  You have bound Satan....you go girl.  God has promised to give us a way out when Satan tempts us.  

Luke 10:19  Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

I feel you for your tears that you had and the sadness, and I applaud you for overcoming the temptation. Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations.  

I admire your command of Scripture Christina / @Biscuit . My mind carries the "jist" of the passages but I always have to look it up to get the wording right and to locate exactly where in the Bible it is! When I am tempted to smoke when I feel stressed or overwhelmed I will say "I bind you Satan, in the name of Jesus." I also find that I am more frequently calling out for help by merely saying "Jesus" in a reverent manner. When I look at what some other folks have gone through this past year, my challenges seem so minor in comparison. But they did come upon me in a fast and furious, back-to-back manner. And they all hit in areas where I was most vulnerable. I believe I was being tried and tested. But by persevering, I have built up some "callouses", if you will, in that I have come to be able to withstand crises without reaching for a cigarette. So I do thank God for that!

jewlz23

May this site be ever so fruitful, Dear God let this happen. I know I need to keep your message and your presence in my heart and this is a wonderful way for me to connect. I am sure it will be for others. Bless this sub-forum, dear Lord. Amen

SuzyQ411

@biscuit9  I have wanted to say that I am truly sorry about your unfortunate difficulty with this forum back in the beginning. I am truly sorry you did not feel welcomed and I can understand why the unfortunate wording of the canned response was off-putting. BUT I am so happy you reconsidered and are now here with us!! 

Addendum: It is now the following morning and I am reading new posts of yours. You are such a blessing and we are so fortunate to have you at the EX. You are so supportive and encouraging to the rest of us; I hope we are doing the same for you ❤️

SuzyQ411

@Ebell1911  Just popping in to see how things are going as haven't heard from you of late ❤️ 

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

I am sooo happy to hear from you and to know that you are back on the road to beating this nasty addiction!  I am here for you and prying for you. There have been  lot of changes on the F&S site since you were last here. Today we began sharing a new way of keeping in touch with one anaother to help "clean up" our site and make everything easier to access. Hope you will join us there. Here's the link:  COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS  ❤️ 

0 Kudos