cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to F&S Group

I know that faith and spirituality plays an important role in some members quit journeys, particularly those who have joined here in this group.  This group is here to ensure that people who choose to incorporate faith and spirituality into their quit journey can do so safely and openly amongst others who likely share similar beliefs instead of in the public areas.

Having a private group also gives me the ability as the Community Manager of EX to protect those who come here from others who might come to intentionally create conflict. Any member is permitted in this group so long as they're respectful to the beliefs of those in the group. Anyone not respecting other members of this group will be removed from the group and possibly the community entirely. 

To help me, in accordance with our community guidelines, please ensure that any posts that contain faith or spiritual based messaging be posted here rather than in public areas of the EX Community.

• This will help reduce the need for moving posts
  • It will reduce the likelihood that conflict will arise

Please note: While I am the owner of the group and an employee of Truth Initiative, I will not largely be participating other than to announce new members.

Now on to the fun stuff:

In order to get the group more acquainted with each other I ask you that you introduce yourself to the group and share how your faith and spirituality has impacted your quit journey in the comments below. 

• As new members request access I'll welcome them in this topic with an @mention so please say hello to them.
  • I also encourage you to invite others, when applicable, to  Faith & Spirituality - EX Community  Group as you see them posting around EX Community.
EX Community Admin Team
85 Replies

What a fascinating medical background you have Weston / @wpwwusncorpsman !!

As for me, I worked in various fields of nursing over a 30 year career and also earned a BS in Counseling and a Masters in Social Work ( University of Maryland at Baltimore.) I started in geriatrics and then progressed to mental heath and addictions. (Earned a N.Y. State certification as a credentialed alcohol and substance abuse counselor and certification in Washington State as a mental health counselor.) Also worked in a step-down unit , a doctors' office, and finished my career as a case manager for children and adults with developmental disabilities (loved that). After my divorce -- my kids were grown-- I moved about, as you can tell. 😊 Now I am retired and back in my home state of New York.

Sending Prayers Tracey Decambra! This group is wonderful for support and encouragement and telling us what we need to hear when we need to hear it. 

I have tried quitting numerous times but this is my first time trying patches. I am hoping to step down to a 7mg tomorrow as I am on the 14mg now. In January I tried switching from cigarettes to a vape, but for some reason the vape was so much stronger in my lungs and made me gag....so that didn't go too well. 

I admire your ability to raise five children living in the situation you were living in. That had to be difficult living that day to day. I am glad you are away now and in a safer environment that can allow your soul to heal. Lots of positive light and prayers being sent your way! You can succeed! 

BRWQUEEN7

Congratulations @Gai.C  for staying prayerful and staying free of nicotine. Amen 

@BRWQUEEN7  I Promised  God I wouldn't  Ever Smoke Again I  won't  Break My Promise. 

Great to see you here @Gai.C ! I have watched the progression of your quit and always admired your promise to God that kept you from smoking. When I returned from my 4th relapse in June 2022 I was distraught and discouraged and turned to God and took a step of faith nd promised Jesus I would not smoke again. It scared me after the recent unexpected death of my 3 mos. old great-granddaughter because I was being pulled heavily toward smoking and I was really struggling. I gained a lot of support from the EX community and I made it through. I know I could never forgive myself if I broke that promise to the One who died for me nd has given me eternal life. And so I stand by my promise, even though I still struggle.

SuzyQ411

Thank you @CommunityAdmin  for publishing this group's purpose and guidelines and hope it will be a permanent opening blog on this site, for reminder and reference. Also, what a joy to see how many are members of the Faith & Spirituality forum. It will be wonderful to become aware of new members as they join so we can give them a warm welcome. Also, I am hopeful your posts of 3/2/23 will help activate interest and participation in this site. Additionally, your suggestion of a Prayer Group sounds fantastic and would be an excellent endeavor once we get a stable participation base.

Thanks again!!

SuzyQ411

@CommunityAdmin Thanks for the listing of current members! Impressive! I appreciate the time you put into collecting the data and publishing your new posts!

SuzyQ411

Hello fellow F&S members! My name is Susan but I go by SuzyQ. I was a  heavy smoker for almost 65 years. During that time period, I tried numerous times to stop smoking with my longest time without cigarettes being for one month. My current quit is the first serious one. In August of 2019 I quit smoking to have surgery on a clogged artery going to my brain. Since then I have relapsed four times. Just recently I narrowly missed a 5th relapse but swallowed my pride and went onto the Ex to ask for help. When I started this last leg of my quit on June 1, 2022, I got on my knees beside my bed and gave my nicotine addiction over to God. And I prayerfully promised Jesus that I would never smoke again. I have now been 9 months totally free of nicotine and am considering this to be my final and forever quit. 

BRWQUEEN7

Screenshot_20220911-091115_Bible.jpg

SuzyQ411

@BRWQUEEN7  Thanks so much for posting the meme for Psalms 147:3. It's a great reminder as we travel along our quit smoking journey that Jesus is not only our Savior but also our Healer ❤️ Next time you pop onto the site I'm hoping you might share a little bit about yourself and your quit experience so we can come to know you better. BTW, according to your count meter,  it looks like it's Day #61 for you? WOW!