cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hensley76

Hensley76's Status Update on 05/23/2020

This has got to be the hardest thing I've ever tried to do!!!!  I've been sober from drugs and alcohol 9 years and smoking is by far the hardest to just stop I could eat a pack right now !!!!
6 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  I agree with you that this is not easy,  Have you done the work recommended on the site?  Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.   Is this your first day?   Physical withdrawal is tough, but it's important to also be prepared for the psychological withdrawal.  It's important to have you tools in place--learning new associations and behaviors to replace smoking.  We're here to support you.  Just reach out of you need encouragement and would like to share your journey.  The support on this site helped to make quitting possible for me.
​Barb
0 Kudos
Barbara145

It is hard but it is so worth it.  I smoked for 52 years   I quit almost 7 years ago with the help of this site.  I tried many times to quit over the years.  I was never successful until I came here.  Come here daily and read blogs and write blogs.  You can do this.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could smoke I suppose , but it would kinda defeat your whole purpose of beating this addiction too . You have  the ability to choose to smoke or not , but smoking will cause more cravings . Thevway out is through  but I note you've quit other addictions so no doubt in my mind you can do this . You posted , it tells me lots about you , you want this quit . Go get it . It's yours . 
​Are you familiar with the five d's , Halt ? A quit kit ?  You can do a search in the search engine for discussions on them . The best of Ex is something else worthy of reading to help you. 
​Post as often as you need ...you sent going crazy , you are being healed . ODAAT . 
0 Kudos
MarilynH

Quitting smoking is definitely the difficult to say least it sure isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination in those early days and weeks BUT with commitment and perseverance you will make it through the roller coaster ups and downs of withdrawals and moodswings and lack of sleep to get to that good place in your quit where you realize how much better life is as an EX Smoker Non Smoker or EXer it doesn't matter what you call it as long as we choose to stick with N.O.P.E - Not One Puff Ever and Vigilance N.M.W  - No Matter What ~ you can do this quit believe it deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can it'llget easier and easier with time under your belt. Hensley76
0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Hensley76 to Ex’s... be sure to keep close to the support site...we are here to help you... ~ Colleen 537 DOF 
​Be sure to read at http://www.becomeanex.org/my-quit-plan/
0 Kudos
elvan

How are you doing now?  I must admit that I laughed at the image of eating a pack although I certainly can relate to it.  You know how getting clean and sober took time but then got easier?  This addiction is the same way, it really does get easier.
​Welcome to EX,
​Ellen
0 Kudos