cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barb8888

Barb8888's Status Update on 09/06/2018

Today is my 7th day without a cigarette. I started with nicotine gum but I'm cutting it down drastically. My anxiety is thru the roof BUT I know the only way thru this is to just keep going and actually get thru it. I was diagnosed with COPD and even tho I had no desire to quit, not being able to breathe is giving me no choice. This HAS to be my last quit.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on completing "hell weeK".  Sorry you're limited on your activity.  Have you tried meditation?  There on some great ones on youtube.  I like Micheal Sealey and Jacob Stephenson
0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Have you maybe looked into chair yoga?  There are a bunch of YouTube videos you can follow.  I like this one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ts01MC2mIo.  I am recovering from a broken hip and have limited mobility, but I still enjoy doing this.  It is a good way to stretch and be more comfortable in your body.  I salute you for quitting smoking.  Having chronic illness is a challenge all its own - but I know you will feel better when you quit.  I think you will be amazed at how MUCH better!
​Here is a link to some help on navigating the site:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help/blog/2017/02/14/ex-to-ex-instructions.  A good place to start is "Home" - top left under the Ex banner.  From there you can write a post to your blog, take the daily pledge, see all the latest updates, and get to the "Best of Ex" which is a compilation of blogs written by the community. 
​Glad you are here!
​Nancy
elvan

I have a bunch of chronic illnesses as well but I have found that exercise really helps me with my illnesses as WELL as not smoking.  There were times when I could not exercise because I really could not breathe but I have learned to spend my breath wisely so it will be there.  Exercise helps with pain too, at least it does for me.  So glad that YoungAtHeart  welcomed you and came up with some extras to help you.

​Ellen
0 Kudos