cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's cookin chefs ? What's for dinner tonight ?

Initial thought for title was what's cookin good lookin lol good old song , bad joke though . 

I used to be a really good cook , looked forward to it , but the years go by , and ya run out of ideas . The same old meat , potatoe , potato ,  veggie , vegee thing is getting old  and we have a new wave of keto , IF , plant based , sugar free , lactose free , sweetener free , vegan and the list goes on new lifestyle changes happening across the net .  So I want to try some new recipies . How bout you ? Quick n easy main dishes , healthy clean foods , one pot or two , freezable meals or not , no baking please lol . Sweets not allowed kinda meals . Breakfast lunch or dinner ideas and yup even snack ideas . 

So I plan on trying something new , to try one new recipe a week and I'll post it if it's good with a picture and directions and measurements , maybe even try to put together something new of my own creation .. see arts and crafty lol ha ! 

Looking forward to coming to this site to see what everyone will be cooking too . Hope everyone will post their unique ideas and recipies . Hint hint , favorited love chicken , blueberries , spicy food , very spicy food . also smoothie ideas , anyone have any ? Protein shakes? 

Not so favourites fish , so if anyone has  good fishy ideas we fish catchers only not eaters might try I know I would  love your  ideas as well . 

Now my biggest issue might be committment to do so , as I really don't cook as I should or as good as I used to anymore . I usually wing it in the moment more than plan it out , unless it's grocery week  but I'll do my best to remind myself . It will keep my mind sharp if I can force myself to remember lol . 

So far breakfast has been sunny boy 🙂 how simple is that lol . 

77 Replies
RainbowHeart

We had salmon, zucchini, leftover stir fry, and a bunch of deli salads. Yum!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy peasy ! Toasted BLT on rye . I haven't had a BLT in likely a year . You can appreciate the little things , the easy things , and bacon 🥓

RainbowHeart

Tonight is Scampi, salad, and ravioli. MMM

Anonymous
Not applicable

that sounds great @RainbowHeart 

Cousin-Itt

Nothing Fancy Still watching what I eat.  

Started with the green leafy cr@p Baked Skinless Chicken Breast seasoned with Hidden Valley Ranch Powder and Uncle Bens Long Grain and Wild Rice Handful of Grapes for dessert

Thank you for mentioning @Anonymous  Bacon  as it made me check on a festival that was cancelled last year  

One of  Joyce s and my favorite festival is returning this year The Bacon, Bands and Brew Festival in Delphi Indiana this August   Bacon is the Best

Jennifer-Quit

Well tonight it was a stuffed bell pepper, purple hull peas, and glazed carrots ---

IMG_0677.JPG

RainbowHeart

My night to cook. I'm making "tofu for people who hate tofu". I've made it before and it was a huge hit. I  serve it with stir fried veggies and rice 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow @Cousin-Itt . you are so lucky . The festival really ? I don't think ours are a go again this year . I miss them much .

Our numbers here are worst so far . We are in a third wave .. vaccines are not stopping much yet it seems . 

@RainbowHeart  how do you make your tofu . I'm scared to try it but it sounds like yours is a recipie to try . 

I am having another plain old Jane tonight. The last of the turkey in a veggie stir fry lol , so I guess a turkey veggie stir fry . Bought two more.  Don't know about you folks there but our food prices are rising , watch out ! Turkey was expensive this year l. Unusual . I can usually pick them up so cheap , not this year , but still worth the price and the meat . 

Going to go check out the band bacon . Sounds good to me. You pullin my leg @Cousin-Itt . It's been a day of interest . 

RainbowHeart

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/crispy-tofu-with-maple-soy-glaze

@Anonymous the secret is the pressing and the heat. It's crisp on the outside and custardy in the middle. Not spongy at all. And the glaze is to die for 

Tags (1)
Cousin-Itt

Tonight s Dinner I went off my diet  I'm watching the Reds playing in the snow flurries here  Eating a Cheeseburger, Baked Beans and Fried Potatoes.

Maki,    Joyce and I enjoy making a long weekend by going to festival here in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana 

Our favorite festival  The Apple Butter Stirrin' will be held on October 15-17, 2021, in Historic Roscoe Village a old canal town /  Coshocton, Ohio.  We have been going here for 10 years excluding last years cancellation 

The Community Festival I volunteer for Harvest Home Fair had it's first meeting 3 weeks ago.   

Of course I still worry about another surge.  

I feel lucky as I receive my second dose of the vaccine tomorrow morning Joyce gets hers Monday morning