cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christine13

It's been awhile.

Christmas is coming and I'm just not ready for it.  I have been unmotivated, and a slug lately.

But........I do have good days too.  Today it's cold, but sunny, but very windy.

I am going to cook myself filet mignon, baked potato with sour cream and chives, and have a salad too with that for Christmas Day. I have seen my grandson 2x the last two weeks!  That makes me very happy.

My lights are on outside and I have my tree up too.  I am hoping to be in the Christmas spirit next week.

Because we are under such tight restrictions, we will have our Christmas in July!!  LOL, I always wanted to do that.

Covid sucks, but we will all be ok, as long as we can reach out if we have difficulty.  I am missing Brian, but that is to be expected.  The thing I miss the most about him is his off the wall sense of humour, my man had no filter, LMAO!!  I also miss talking to him, and yes, him telling me what to do.  The quit is going hard right now.  Some days I just don't want to exist.  Mornings are still my tough time of day.....I know I don't really want to smoke and choke.  There are so many self-improvements I need to make in the New Year.  I love you all.  I am here every day, to read and post, even the days I just don't want to. xo

17 Replies
Christine13

yes, we will. ❤️

sweetplt

((((Christine)))) cyber hugs out to you...be good to you, just don’t smoke ... xoxoxoxoxo Colleen

MarilynH

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

My brothers and sisters along with nieces and nephews and their children will also be celebrating in July.  It gives us something to look forward to.   I will be seeing my grandchildren next week my youngest granddaughter from a distance outside as she is coming up from Kentucky  Yet as long as they are safe I'm happy 

We will survive this and will have a good 2021  

Please take care 

Christine13

How awesome Carl!!  Yes, when the summer returns here and there, we can have our big celebrations.

Next week, i will go and get Christmas cards, for the neighbours here and family.  I usually walk door to door to do all the neighbours here.

I wish you and Joyce all the best at Christmas!!

Cousin-Itt

Thank You Christine  You have a Blessed Christmas also 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

What can fix a broken heart? I'm thinking, and I might be wrong about this, love is what fixes a broken heart. Why should anyone of us push through anything? Or pretend to feel good when we really don't? Who does it benefit when we behave better--but feel out of sorts? 

For me there is a difference between wallowing and a broken heart. Wallowing requires me to discipline myself. When my heart is broken I need to take care of that gently and steadily. Usually I have to do things I don't want to do. But, for sure, I have never successfully acted my way out of a broken heart.

I've always believed since I was a child that it is true ...ask and you will receive, seek and you will find. Prayers are answered.

Big hug, wishing you comfort and warmth on the inside one day at a time, Christine.

AnnetteMM

I'm making a small steak and potatoes dinner for myself on Christmas too. And cheesecake! Because DESSERT!!

And I'm video chatting the kids so I can see them open presents. It's as close as we can get this year, and it will just have to be FINE.