cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yourmajesty

this web site is crap and works crappy

there used to be a website quitnet.com, which was really great.  they had these forums.  people successfully quit there.  that is why the tobacco industry shut the site down, because it worked and it was free.  now there are sites like this that bearly function.  you would post a message and there were people all over the world on line at the same time, fighting a craving, and right in the moment, in real time, people would respond with their craving and it was mutually supportive.  this activity here is delayed and far inferior.   every person quitting in the world should be on one site and there is always someone somewhere who needs support, and you give it to them.  this is crap waiting and having it clog up you email address.  real crap.  and all the questions they as about your demographics just to use this **bleep** post board, it is so ugly they have your age and etc.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
umalala

@yourmajesty @@Where do you get your information? How do you know that the tobacco industry put an end to quitnet? Provide proof about that. Please don't make things up and provide conspiracy theories. That's not healthy for this site. @Barbscloud gave some info for you.

Why do you come here and complain? This is not quitnet but it is a free resource thats been around for years. Maybe be it doesn't have live chat between members but responses are near real time here. Thats better than other forums I'm on. Give the place a chance.  It's full of lots of great people and the reason I've been quit for so long.

Muhamed
Quit since 8/2/2017
If you like my reply smash the [kudos] button. I'm not an expert but I have successfully quit using this site. For that, I'm grateful. That is all.
willybilly30

@yourmajesty I don't really appreciate you using my topic to tell everyone how crappy their forum is. What are you? Some quitnet spammer trying to make me go there? Do you get money if I go? If I wanted drama i would join a face book group on smoking. Take your leave off my topic or i will see if I can make you leave 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yourmajesty I've moved some of your posts as they were off-topic and were hijacking another person's topic. Take a little time  to review our BecomeAnEX Community Guidelines | Guías de Comportamiento de la Comunidad BecomeAnEx to ensure all future posts comply with our terms.

Glad you are back to quitting and hopefully the EX Community can assist you on that journey.  We've been around since 2008 and have always been a free resource. I'm not sure where you got your information about the shuttering of QuitNet but I don't believe it's accurate. I do know that the QuitNet community was designed from scratch specifically for their community while ours is adapted from a mainstream community platform. This certainly creates challenges but we're always looking at how we can align the community more with helping users quit.

Because of several factors a number of years ago we focused membership to just those in the United States. There are a number of users who are international that continue to participate who had joined before our registration limitations were imposed however much of the world can still read our public facing resources so long as they are not located in the European Union. I certainly would love to be helping people internationally however our organization was created to help people quit in the US. Despite these changes responses are often received within a matter of minutes. As the community grows there will be a potential for responses to happen faster and faster. Despite limitations, our community has been successful at helping many many people quit over the years and some of those members continue to stick around and pay it forward to others just starting their journey. I invite you to give them a chance.

Our community platform does not offer on-community group chat as part of their offering. If they did I certainly would look to make it available. 

EX Community Admin Team
yourmajesty

why can't people outside the US use this site.  how completely odd.  can you explain

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yourmajesty wrote:

why can't people outside the US use this site.  how completely odd.  can you explain

BecomeAnEX and the General Data Protection Regulat... - EX Community  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yourmajesty wrote:

this is crap waiting and having it clog up you email address.  real crap. 

@yourmajesty I forgot to respond before. If you choose not to get email notifications. You can turn those off but then you'll have to visit the site to see the on-site notifications to know if someone has replied to your post. Depending on what email service you use, some platforms will auto sort forum participation into it's own category so it doesn't hide emails in your primary folder.  Gmail for instance has this capability.  

@yourmajesty wrote:

and all the questions they as about your demographics just to use this **bleep** post board, it is so ugly they have your age and etc.  

Yes we do ask for some limited information to understand the members we serve in order to improve our services and do some research. We don't ask for the name of most of our members however. 

EX Community Admin Team
TBDDAJ

It’s a shame that people can’t take things for what they are. This website has been an inspiration for me, giving me hope that maybe there is way to get through this with the help of others!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TBDDAJ wrote:

It’s a shame that people can’t take things for what they are. This website has been an inspiration for me, giving me hope that maybe there is way to get through this with the help of others!

@TBDDAJ Thank you for the kind words.  I realize the site may not be a fit for everyone. We do value user feedback and are always willing to provide responses and explore how we can improve. We're also committed to keeping this a free resource.

EX Community Admin Team