cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

How Do We Update Content that We've Created

Jump to solution

There are several blogs that I update and add to on a regular basis i.e. the Elder's List; Quick Quips; The EX One Puff Files; Understanding Excuses; Helpful Blogs, Discussions, Comments...., etc.  When I attempted to edit the Elder's List (which was the only blog where a drop list was offered with the option to edit),  it gave me an error message "correct the highlighted error & try again."

If editing our material is not possible, do you have suggestions as to how to change content?  Or perhaps we just need to post a new document every time we want to change one?  That would make for a lot of duplicates. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia wrote: 

There are several blogs that I update and add to on a regular basis i.e. the Elder's List; Quick Quips; The EX One Puff Files; Understanding Excuses; Helpful Blogs, Discussions, Comments...., etc.  When I attempted to edit the Elder's List (which was the only blog where a drop list was offered with the option to edit),  it gave me an error message "correct the highlighted error & try again."

If editing our material is not possible, do you have suggestions as to how to change content?  Or perhaps we just need to post a new document every time we want to change one?  That would make for a lot of duplicates. 

Understood. Sorry the error is confusing. There is a 2 hour limit on editing content and that might be happening or it could be caused by the content missing a Label? The content you mention is a bit different from a majority of the content on the site. Some existed as Blogs previously and others were Jive Documents. I certainly agree that making new versions is not the way to go as we don't want duplicates. I do have some thoughts about how we could approach this. I need to look at the posts you mention, see where they are and figure out how we can address it.  Please understand that I'm also trying to answer the many questions that people are posting across the site currently so I may need a little time to figure it out.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

@Giulia If you click on the 3 dots to the right of your blogs title (option menu)  you will get a drop down box to select edit article.  The same for replies.

0 Kudos
Giulia

That only works with certain content.  For instance there is no option on the example below:

Giulia_0-1616090458116.png

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia wrote: 

Understood. Sorry the error is confusing. There is a 2 hour limit on editing content and that might be happening or it could be caused by the content missing a Label? The content you mention is a bit different from a majority of the content on the site. Some existed as Blogs previously and others were Jive Documents. I certainly agree that making new versions is not the way to go as we don't want duplicates. I do have some thoughts about how we could approach this. I need to look at the posts you mention, see where they are and figure out how we can address it.  Please understand that I'm also trying to answer the many questions that people are posting across the site currently so I may need a little time to figure it out.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

You just take as much time as you need.  I can't even imagine being in your shoes at the moment.  I'll simply make a list of any changes or additions to the Elder's List and other material in the meantime.  BREATHE!  And smile!

This might make it easier to locate when the time is right: 

ELDER'S LIST - EX Community

UNDERSTANDING EXCUSES - EX Community

Quick Quips - EX Community

Helpful Blogs, Discussions, Comments, Videos, Link... - EX Community

Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Communi... - EX Community

0 Kudos