cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not able to @mention certain people?

Jump to solution

I thought this would be easy but I can't seem to "@ Mention" people.  When I hit the @ Mention symbol, a list of names and places pop but it is never the person I want to mention.  So I continue to type their username hoping it will pop up.  It never does. What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
39 Replies

Mark

TerrieQuit

RachelMB

sorry I just saw this...

0 Kudos

Mark I got so used to hovering the avatar and copy and paste link address, I still do it. I think I can do it the other way not, not sure, I'll let you know!   ~Terrie~

0 Kudos

Yes please let me know.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark‌ when I do the @ I get a pop up that has you and Jennifer on it. I do know I had a problem with Kristen's a few days back. Everything else seems good to go!   ~Terrie~

0 Kudos

Kristen's will still be an issue until the underscore bug is fixed.  Ironically I've been able to TerrieQuit‌ you all along.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
MarilynH

how about puff-tm-draggin ,yay hi Puff it's really good to see you, how are you doing old buddy, old pal, old friend as well as my old fellow Exer.

0 Kudos

Was puff not working previously?

mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: 11/1/2017: Realistically this will not be fixed until Q1 2018 now.  

Update 1/30/2018: Realistically this will not be fixed until Early Q2 2018 now.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

We are now 3Q 2018 and the problem has still not been resolved.  I just put never_again with an @ sign before it and it's one of those that doesn't work.  Had to copy and paste from the direct link for the "at" mention.  I guess Jive still hasn't solved that problem.  It's been more than a while now.  GRRRRRRR at Jive!  Perhaps new members should be DISCOURAGED from using the underscore as part of their username? I'm sure there's a way to say "sorry - these symbols are not allowed as part of your username.  No?  I've seen that in other areas of the web with passwords, so why not with usernames???  Can't EX say the same thing when new member join??)  

Giulia

There were some improvements made in Q2 update but it didn't solve the problem.  There was also an update on Friday that solved some other issues we've been experiencing but they didn't yet solve the _ problem. I'm still on their case about it. 

As far as updating the registration form to prevent new people from using an underscore. It requires some recoding and testing. I'll see if we can get a hint added however it would still allow them to use an underscore. At this time there are other higher priority items being done by our developers and it wouldn't solve the problem with people who have had underscores for a long time.  As I've mentioned before, I'll be glad to fix anyone's accounts who have underscores on an individual basis.  They can't all be changed in an automated fashion at this point. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team