cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Reward Badges

Looks like Jive has changed some things on the platform  for the better!  Just noticed that if you go to your home page and look at your Recent Badges - if you hover over a reward you will see the person who gave it to you.  Which is really kind of nice.  It takes it from the anonymous smilie face or star to a more personal level.  And that makes the badge experience (if you're into badges and the like) much more meaningful.  

Maybe this has been happening for a while and I just never noticed it.  Because I don't tend to hover over my badges, but I just wanted point it out.  

pastedImage_2.png

Mark  Am I incorrect in thinking this is new?  And PS, when doing an @ Mark, you didn't pop up as first on the list as usual.  Do we now have to search to find you?  I can understand if you want to hide.  Just an FYI in case you didn't know that.

pastedImage_4.png

47 Replies

GROSS!  I was supposed to eat liver three times a day after my first child was born because I hemorrhaged so severely and they gave me eight units of blood before I was discharged.  I think I gagged down ONE serving and that was it...I said I didn't CARE what happened, there was NO WAY I was eating that. YUCK...oh, I also hate onions, LOL.

0 Kudos

Oh you hate onions, oh how sad!   Have you tried  Vidalia onions?  They are nothing like normal onions. They're not harsh tasting, they're rather sweet and innocuous.  If you've never tried one, I encourage you to do so.  I think a lot of the reasons we hate certain foods is that we've just never had them prepared correctly.  To my mind any vegetable overcooked is mushy and  hideous.  Although I still haven't found an okra (breaded or boiled),  or a beet that is pleasing to my palate.  BUT we can change.  I used to hate brussel sprouts and now love them.  It's all in how they're prepared.  Never say never!

0 Kudos

Giulia‌ I have tried Vidalia onions...I RESPECT onions for what they can add to a soup or a sauce...I saute them and then puree them with a food foley when I make tomato sauce or chili...maybe it's more a texture thing.  I do the same thing when I make stuffing at Thanksgiving.  My kids LOVE onions and they say I deprived them while they were growing up...BUT they love my tomato sauce and my chili and they ask me to make stuffing and they eat enormous servings.  What can I say?  

0 Kudos

Well at least you eat them in some form.  They're good for you!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Asus laptop

Windows 7, Home Preimium Version 1,  64 bit

Chrome - Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does not work in incognito mode

Tried in Firefox Version 64.0.2  64-bit  doesn't work there either.  Nor in private mode.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Mark‌  Yup, with the quotation marks it works.  Yippeee!  How'd you make that gif, c'mon give!  lol  

Why not just make your name MarkEX or MarkEx or MarkMGR.  You'd be the only one with that name, right?  

0 Kudos

Giulia wrote:

Mark  Yup, with the quotation marks it works.  Yippeee!  How'd you make that gif, c'mon give!  lol  

Why not just make your name MarkEX or MarkEx or MarkMGR.  You'd be the only one with that name, right?  

Great! Glad it is working.

I didn't capture that gif. It was captured by a colleague using LiceCap.  

If I made myself one of those then it could break a lot of links around the site to things I've cross-linked. I've also mentioned extensively around the site that you find me as "Mark" and there is no way to easily update all those references. Furthermore I'd still have an account using that username or someone else could take the account and that'd be confusing. It doesn't seem to be problem with newer accounts so hopefully they can get the logic working back to how it is supposed to so that the more that I'm mentioned by an individual the higher up I appear in their results. Glad that the quotes work.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah yes, didn't think of that, but figured there was good reason for keeping the Mark by itself.  

LICE cap?  What a name!

0 Kudos