cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Reward Badges

Looks like Jive has changed some things on the platform  for the better!  Just noticed that if you go to your home page and look at your Recent Badges - if you hover over a reward you will see the person who gave it to you.  Which is really kind of nice.  It takes it from the anonymous smilie face or star to a more personal level.  And that makes the badge experience (if you're into badges and the like) much more meaningful.  

Maybe this has been happening for a while and I just never noticed it.  Because I don't tend to hover over my badges, but I just wanted point it out.  

pastedImage_2.png

Mark  Am I incorrect in thinking this is new?  And PS, when doing an @ Mark, you didn't pop up as first on the list as usual.  Do we now have to search to find you?  I can understand if you want to hide.  Just an FYI in case you didn't know that.

pastedImage_4.png

47 Replies

Chrome settings:

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
0 Kudos

Thanks elvan

Look for a PM from me.  They're wanting do do some more investigation to get to the bottom of it.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Got it and responded.

0 Kudos

Just learned of a new trick. Try typing in @"mark" and see if you get me....

Unfortunately it looks like with the last update to the site that inserting /people/mark into the URL field when using the insert link button doesn't work any longer. 

Also with the last update there are more than 10 results in the Show more option.

Check out this GIF to see these two new hints in action.

atmention2.gif

I realize that this isn't ideal and these are two more workarounds that replaced a previous workaround. Hopefully we'll eventually get this working intuitively.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark‌ Works with the quotation marks...that's not so bad.  Thanks for the hints.

0 Kudos

Yup, the quotation marks workaround is a good one. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Giulia

OK, I just checked again - now it's no longer working.  What I have learned is that just by typing the @ symbol you show up first, but I think that is simply because it's in cache and you were the last AT mention I made.  No, I AT mentioned someone else and you still pop up first, but NOT when I type @mark.  

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yup, seems to be working again.  Top of the world, ma!

0 Kudos

Thanks Giulia‌. Can you try it a few more times today to see if it stops working again after a little bit of time? Hopefully elvan‌ can try it and see if it works.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Will do.  

Something funky has happened twice now that has never happened before.  Just an FYI.  The following is an example in my inbox:

I did NOT go to this blog until AFTER I saw the above.  (It said "less than a minute ago" on the right side.)  And usually we don't see our own responses in our own inbox.

Also just saw this.  Could just be a glitch with my computer in this case.

0 Kudos