cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution

How long does it normally take for a blog to be approved by a moderator and why some blogs have to be approved and others not.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JACKIE1-25-15‌ I'm the one and only moderator/employee on here so that's me, unless I'm on vacation(without internet access). I approve them as I see them. While I spend a lot of time here on the site, there are some times outside of business hours that I check in periodically to release anything that has been blocked. Your post occurred while I was sleeping.

Not sure why your blog went into moderation, yet. But there are three main ways. 1. We have artificial intelligence that will auto-mark things as spam based on the content of the message.  There is no indicator as to why something was marked as spam and the artificial intelligence adjusts dynamically to be more or less sensitive.  Sometimes it is just my best guess. 2. One can also mark something for moderation but it is shown unless the threshold has been met. 3. In an effort to prevent mass spamming we also have some new member parameters in place that auto-moderate things. A couple times when there has been an issue with the point system failing, posts with links and pictures have gone into moderation

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PastTense

I never had a blog approved or delayed.  I always saw them on the site the second I hit "POST".

Do you have a blog that isn't appearing?

PT

Keep the Quit
PT

This HAS been happening from time to time.  There is a filter in the system.  Not sure what calls it into play, and know that it has gone a bit haywire from time to time.  It's NOT you and your blog!!!!  It is flagged for Mark when it happens.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JACKIE1-25-15‌ I'm the one and only moderator/employee on here so that's me, unless I'm on vacation(without internet access). I approve them as I see them. While I spend a lot of time here on the site, there are some times outside of business hours that I check in periodically to release anything that has been blocked. Your post occurred while I was sleeping.

Not sure why your blog went into moderation, yet. But there are three main ways. 1. We have artificial intelligence that will auto-mark things as spam based on the content of the message.  There is no indicator as to why something was marked as spam and the artificial intelligence adjusts dynamically to be more or less sensitive.  Sometimes it is just my best guess. 2. One can also mark something for moderation but it is shown unless the threshold has been met. 3. In an effort to prevent mass spamming we also have some new member parameters in place that auto-moderate things. A couple times when there has been an issue with the point system failing, posts with links and pictures have gone into moderation

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

On several occasions I've seen my post moderated because of word reiterations.  Poetry which begins with the same words line after line, for example, the AI (artificial intelligence) will consider it a bot.  

0 Kudos