cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Issue with Points: Post here!

Please read: If you have an opinion about points, please don't post it here. You can post your opinion in (/blogs/Mark-blog/2018/06/25/the-scoop-on-jive-rewards-badges-points-and-quests?sr=search&searchId=73...This post is only for reporting issues when points aren't accumulating.

If you encounter an issue where you are not receiving points. Please post here so I can let the support team know to investigate your account and restore the counter. 

Thanks!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (3)
260 Replies

@OldBones-Larry wrote:

Mark seems points are stuck again. I have been at 18 for the day for the last hour with nothing accumulated for any posts I have made.

At the time you post I need to know the amount of points you have so I can monitor. Looks like you have 135,740 at the time I posted this. I'll watch to see what happens.

Points are typically calculated twice a day. I see though that it says Last update: May 4, 2020 1:21 PM. on  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/rewards/leaderboards .  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Mark wrote:

OldBones-Larry wrote:

Mark seems points are stuck again. I have been at 18 for the day for the last hour with nothing accumulated for any posts I have made.

At the time you post I need to know the amount of points you have so I can monitor. Looks like you have 135,740 at the time I posted this. I'll watch to see what happens.

Points are typically calculated twice a day. I see though that it says Last update: May 4, 2020 1:21 PM. on  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/rewards/leaderboards .  

Mark
EX Community Manager

I see you're up to 135,886 now and accumulating more.  Daily gain is +146  Last update: May 8, 2020 11:48 AM. (Central) on https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/rewards/leaderboards 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Maki

I agree points are not adding up for a lot of people noticed that yesterday as well as today . Also noticed like 900 points taken away on a member a day ago I believe... how could that be . The numbers are not reliable but to those who really depend on them to help their quit I hope it gets resolved . 

Maki wrote:

I agree points are not adding up for a lot of people noticed that yesterday as well as today . Also noticed like 900 points taken away on a member a day ago I believe... how could that be . The numbers are not reliable but to those who really depend on them to help their quit I hope it gets resolved . 

Could be partially related to what I mentioned above. But also Negative points could be associated with a person gifting points to someone else.  Let's say I give away 1000 pts as part of a badge and then do thing that earn me 100 pts then the daily value would be -900. If I did something valued at 2 pts it would go to -898.

On rare occasion someone might delete their blog or discussion and all comments would be deleted. Not something I endorse as it's not fair to anyone who commented. This might account for some point loss but if the person contributed other content that day they probably would still be positive for daily value.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Maki

Thanks Mark, many don't watch their numbers daily , we rely on the site . So those numbers won't be recovered if you aren't paying attention . 

Thanks , perhaps the person who lost that many points in a day did excactly that , deleted or gave them away .. thanks for mentioning that . Appreciated .

Just seemed everything was off across the board yesterday though , perhaps I too should have mentioned earlier ... oh well , today is a new day  on we go. 

Have a good one . 

Maki wrote:

Thanks Mark, many don't watch their numbers daily , we rely on the site . So those numbers won't be recovered if you aren't paying attention . 

Thanks , perhaps the person who lost that many points in a day did excactly that , deleted or gave them away .. thanks for mentioning that . Appreciated .

Just seemed everything was off across the board yesterday though , perhaps I too should have mentioned earlier ... oh well , today is a new day  on we go. 

Have a good one . 

Yes something is awry. I don't pay attention to them closely but appreciate the heads up when something seems off. I see you're at 27,145. So we'll see if that changes throughout the day.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Seems to be working now as expected. They seem to have identified and corrected the issue.

OldBones-Larry‌ and Maki‌ Let me know what you're seeing.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Maki

Yes Mark , I noticed they were shortly working after I and Larry posted . Today's posts were added , but my observations is yesterday's may not have been . So it's important for newbies to watch as I mentioned as it can be helpful to them to watch their progress grow. There are many incentives here but one must have patience to see how to use those to help ourselves grow but also help each other grow . 

Patience was something I know I never had as a newbie lol . Even when I came here lol well you know ..but patience is really worth it . A great community .m

I was also going to try and give some points here to a newbie too to see if they are receiving and it does subtract from mine .. may do so later or maybe tomorrow . I still have trouble giving badges so kinda forgot about giving points . 

Thanks again ... you are always right on top of it . Thank you for all you do here . 

If the format is going to change I think I'm not going to worry much over it .. just hope we will get a heads up as I do not want my blog gone forever . Some of that I would like to pass on to my grandkids , perhaps share at schools in the future the reasons why kids should never start smoking , vaping etc . in the first place .

Keep safe Mark , Ex staff , all those behind the scene working hard to keep this all going for us . 

The site owners were very caring and attentive to the community's needs when we changed platforms the last time.  Gave us lots of warning and were very transparent.  And they asked us what was important to us and made as many accommodations as they could incorporating our needs with their needs given the new platform parameters.  Obviously they can't please EVERYBODY.  What I do on a regular basis is copy and save any material that I've written that I think worthy of saving to pass on -  with the attendant responses.  Because sometimes those are better than the initial blog.  If you're concerned about your material being lost - there's plenty of time for you to copy and save your blogs.  I hope you do because you've written really great stuff.  

This is a shame . Saving and deleting , thank you for your response Giulia . 

I  can't believe this is happening again