cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Helpful - who?

Jump to solution

Is there any way to find out who marked a response as "Helpful" when there are more than 1 on a given response?  E.g.

pastedImage_3.png

When you click on Helpful under outcomes (below), it only lists one person per response who found it helpful.  Probably the first person who marked it as such?  But doesn't reveal all who marked the response as helpful.

In the example above it indicates there were 7 responses that were marked Helpful.  But in many of those cases multiple people clicked helpful on the same response.  I'm interested in finding out who those people were.

The Like button, when you click on it, shows each person who liked it. 

I'm assuming there is no way to find out, given your response from this document:

/blogs/Mark-blog/2017/06/19/helpful-answer-vs-likes-what-s-the-difference    

In the original question there are some boxes that indicate how many helpful answers have been indicated on the topic and also the most helpful answers are highlighted out.
Tags (2)
10 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ Not sure how I missed answering this previously.  I apologize. You will receive a notification(email as well if you've enabled that)  in your inbox when something is marked "Helpful" on something you follow but it doesn't list who marked it as Helpful or not helpful directly in the comments though.  In outcomes it will list the count. You can also click with the Outcomes to see who marked things as helpful and there is a link with in the pop-up to what comment or post was marked helpful. So Sootie‌ you were partially correct and so was Jennifer-Quit‌.  I was able to click on the Most Liked and Helpful multiple times. 

Giulia‌ You can't see who marked something as helpful in-line but in the root post you can click on those outcomes for Most liked and Helpful to see who marked things as such.

I do still recommend using the like button if you appreciate a response and be less liberal with helpful answer, since it sends an email and inbox notification with ever click. Liking something doesn't send an email or affect the content recommender. Clicking the helpful answer on multiple comments within a post will dilute the effectiveness of the site from helping to identify content that is truly helpful. For example I have had posts marked as "Helpful" when I'm simply congratulating someone on their progress. Though I think that affirmation is probably comforting it probably isn't helpful to anyone other than the person I'm congratulating. It's probably more beneficial if a post is marked helpful if it contains information and tactics on how to navigate one's journey.

Possibly to summarize.  If a comment or post is helpful to your quit and likely to help other people in their quit journey, mark it as helpful. If it is just encouragement or entertaining but not helpful to people's quit journey's, use the Like button instead.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team