Welcome to the EX Café Wednesday 02.08.2017

Welcome to the EX Café     Wednesday 02.08.2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
118 Replies
Pops

Hey Lori,

It took a few, but I think I have just what you might be thinking over there.....

Pops

In the meantime...see if this helps get yer motor going...

0 Kudos
c2q

I'll be waiting to say "hi" again over at the The Daily Pledge February 2017. She is a great barista! 

edit: Hey, you guys beat me to the draw! what a team!

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

shaking.jpg

Me when I exceed my espresso limit!!

susan_m

Or when you have to choke down your coffee really fast because your barista forgot to put it in a "to go" cup!  

TerrieQuit

hahaha! I love this Cafe!

susan_m

TIPS AND TRICKS ALERT!

We hope to have regular tips and tricks to share with you all as we learn to navigate this site, and we discovered a GREAT one last night that we wanted to share.  

We consistently hear that notifications drive some of us nuts, and we want to make sure that notification volume doesn't keep us from connecting with each other.  It's the connections that we make through BecomeAnEX that are so important - not how many notifications we receive in a day.  If we fail to comment/connect because we think that too many notifications are an inconvenience, then we all lose.MarilynH‌, please accept my apology for this - I was guilty of reading your blogs and not giving you the feedback you deserved.

So, we know that we can mark all notifications "read" while we are in that screen, but wiping out the notifications puts us in a position to potentially miss an important comment or update.  

Second, we know that we can go to the "actions" drop-down menu on a blog/discussion/question and un-check the "follow" box.  We run the same risk as above unless someone tags us personally.

Finally, I discovered a trick last night that's my favorite so far.  Disclaimer:  I was on my laptop; I am sure this will work on a desktop as well.  When in notifications, use your arrows to navigate from one item to the next.  As you do so, it will mark the notifications as read.  This allows you to see everything and still blast through them pretty quickly.  Unfortunately, I was not able to make the "swipe" action on my phone or iPad accomplish the same thing, but for those of you on laptops or desktops, this will be really helpful.

Pass this on to anyone that you know would find this helpful, and if you have any tips and tricks, shout them out!  

Susan

Mortalzeus

Funny:)

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

Thank You Susan

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

volley.jpg

Not sure if we have enough in the capital budget for it, but I think a sand volleyball court might be nice for the summer time.  We could put it next to the patio?