The Ex Cafe Sat 02.25.2017

Welcome to The EX Café  Sat 02.25.2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
46 Replies
Daniela2016

50 degrees in Tempe, AZ this morning too, but it is going to be a beautiful day!

And this is a staple for spring time, normally on my desk at work.  But now I work mostly from home, I'll have them on my home desk till the season is over; after that they go in the freezer and will try again this year to plant them in a pot.  Somehow make them "dormant" in a freezer does not seem to do the same thing as the natural "dormant" in the soil of someone's garden.  But I will always love them and buy them in a pot, every spring time.

HYACINTHS

Daniela2016

Look, here they are...

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Have an easy day at work !!!

Mortalzeus

Beautiful  

tjanddj

Good morning! Hope you all are enjoying a very pleasant smoke free day! Will sit here and relax with my morning cup of coffee and read some blogs. Planning to get some reading and studying done today. Looks like I might be able to get outside today and get some yard clean up done. I made for the first time yesterday some turmeric and ginger tea I actually found it to be quite pleasant considering I am not to fond of turmeric. I think today I will try it with some green tea and see how that is.

Always remember NOPE

In memory of my husband it is my hope that you will - Save a Life and that it will it be Yours.

Save a Life - Let it be Yours

Trudy

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

th4B0J256W.jpg

Trudy, I did my yard work late yesterday afternoon, it was too hot earlier!  Enjoy your tea and your Saturday!

Darren

0 Kudos

Thank You Trudy for reminding all of us that Quitting Smoking is a matter of Life and Breath! As always I remember your loss with sincerest sympathies!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

P.S. Keep watering sporadically after the bloom fades until the green dies mostly back (that allows the nutrients to go back into the bulb). Then put the bulb in a brown bag (keeps out the light but lets it "breathe) and keep it in the 'frig (not the freezer) until next January/February.  Bring it out, replant, water, and place in sunlight.  They also sell bulb vases - but I find they tip over when plants are  blooming because the roots aren't anchored. Don't try to force the same bulb more than once. 

Hope this works for you!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Sorry to be late......went to my PT this morning to find out what's wrong with what I thought was the UN sprained leg.  Discovered I have the recovering sprained right ankle and a sprained tendon/muscle behind my LEFT knee from walking funny.  I don't do sitting still well - so of course I was out raking leaves and cleaning out gardens and picking up sticks while limping on the hurt ankle.  I thus screwed up the OTHER leg and was in excruciating pain last night. 

So - now I have been ordered to rest.  I will take an ENTIRE chocolate cake, please!  Gotta' salve my wounded self, then figure out how I'm gonna' sit for the next couple of days.  I asked if I could have a choice between sitting or having bamboo shoots under my fingernails and was told that was actually not an option.

So here I sit.....not smoking over it and looking forward to some chocolate cake...

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

food_chocolate_cake-02.jpg

I am so sorry that your pain is unbearable, but I am glad you choose to NOT smoke over it!  I hope they gave you some good meds to relieve as much pain as possible.  Until then, allow you to pamper you  

Darren

0 Kudos