c2q

The Ex Cafe Fri 03.24.17

Welcome to the EX Café Friday March 24, 2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
52 Replies
c2q

It looks like the lunch crowd is through. Since Pops‌ is off today, I guess I'll have to clean up the mess in back . . . just kidding, Pops. Happy to do it. They are all yours on Sunday.

I'll be thinking of afternoon treats, though for out on the Sundeck around the hot tub. Something cool, thermally speaking.

SelfServeEX.png

0 Kudos
elvan

c2q‌ and Daniela2016‌ Can you put together a really nice birthday cake for Strudel‌?  Just heard today is her birthday.

Daniela2016

You are more than welcome to come visit Pati, even if I don't bake regularly like I used to, I always do when we have guests; my son's in-laws are coming to visit in 2 weeks, mom and I already planned what sweets we are going to serve.  In the Romanian tradition, much like Italian's (remember Marie from Everybody loves Raymond, as soon as one entered her home she was asking "are you hungry?"), you have to feed your guest.  If they come at meal time, they have to eat with you, if they stop by in between there would be coffee and cake, or cake and soft drinks, or just cake 🙂

c2q

Daniela2016‌, have you got a special treat in your bakery case there for Strudel  as elvan requests? I'll bet you can create something wonderful with a whisk of your hand. 

elvan

Daniela2016‌ That cake looks SCRUMPTIOUS and the description makes it SOUND absolutely amazing. WOW, WOW, WOW!

0 Kudos
c2q

Okay, elvan‌. I hope you brought the birthday candles. I am not the baker that Daniela2016‌ is, but I do have friends. Happy Birthday, Strudel‌! To one of my very favorite Ex's.

Daniela2016

Pops‌, thanks, now you confused me even more 🙂  I am in "discovery" mode all the time, and as I was telling you already, many of your guy's jokes are lost on me.  And if I don't get it once, twice, and have no time to ask, maybe the 3rd time I get it, just based on context. When you learn a new language, it is so funny when you try to literally translate expressions...they just "look" so funny in your native language if you try to paint a picture on you brain of the expression...

0 Kudos
c2q

Ahh, finally, time to relax. I'm ready for a little R&R with my quit buddies. Come sit over here and chill if you've got the time.

Thanks for opening the hot tub area, susan_m

All that's required is a little internal sunshine, and I've got a glass of that right here with your name on it. 

Some with spirits and some without, all with raspberry and lime. Fresh towels in the corner. Come on in!

raspberryBevs.jpg

Enjoy!

c2q

Sorry the music is so loud. If I don't hear your order, please help yourself.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Happy birthday Strudel‌, and sorry Pati c2q (I did not get your clue), here is my contribution..

No automatic alt text available.