cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge September 2019

pastedImage_1.jpg

Happy September everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events  community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

The name September comes from the Latin septem, meaning seven, since it was the seventh month of the Roman calendar, which began with March. There are 30 days in the month of September, which starts on the same day of the week as December each year but does not end on the same day of the week as any other month in the year.

September has three birth flowers: the forget-me-not, the morning glory, and the aster. Forget-me-nots represent love and memories, asters represent love as well, and the morning glory represents unrequited love. The birthstone for the month is the sapphire. 

Fun “Days” in September include:

September 5th: National Cheese Pizza Day

September 9th: National Teddy Bear Day

September 16th: National Play-Doh Day

September 19th: International "Talk Like A Pirate Day"

Songs about September:

"When September Ends," Green Day

"September," Earth Wind and Fire

"September Morn," Neil Diamond

"September Song," Willie Nelson

"Maybe September," Tony Bennett

"The September of My Years," Frank Sinatra

Now that you have a few facts about September, it is time to pledge

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
542 Replies
sweetplt

Good Wednesday Morning Kkplayhouse I will offer my hand out to you and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge...~ Colleen 282 DOF 

DavesTime

Good morning, Colleen!  I will gladly grasp your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Offerin my other to our next pledger.  Have a wonderful day!

Dave

364 DOF

KTQeeyore

Thank you for your hand Dave! NOPE! No way! Never on hump day! Here is my hand to the next EXer!

constanceclum

Good morning KT. I am happy to take that hand as I pledge to not smoke today no matter what! I offer my other hand to the next EX to pledge.

Connie 44 DOF

mpnaegle

Good morning constanceclum, thank you for your hand!  I gratefully take it and will join the pledge not to smoke today.  NOPE!  I extend my free hand to the next EXer wishing to pledge.

Mark 1 DOF $11.00 saved

Mavihoja

Good Morning, Connie....Thnks for your hand this morning. With it, I

pledge to remain a non-smoker today and N.O.P.E.

I now extend out my hand of encouragement to the next pledger in our

family...

Blessings,

Michael

82 DOF!!!!!!

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:49 AM mpnaegle <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

SherilynX

Congrats on your quit Michael!  I'm glad to take your hand and I pledge not to vape today no matter what comes my way!  NOPE!  Ain't going to happen today, no matter, no how. And I offer my hand to the next Exer ready to pledge!

Sherilyn 

49 WON-DERFUL DOF!!!

PastTense

Good morning, Sharilyn!  Thank you for your hand.

Today is sunny, warm, and a great day to go outside maybe go for a walk and take deep breathes.  Quitting smoking makes it possible for me to breathe without coughing and walk without wheezing.

For those reasons, and so many others, I pledge to remain smoke-free today!

I offer my hand to the next Exer to pledge.!

PT

Day 42

Keep the Quit
PT

I found my way to the Daily Pledge! Now I can take your hand in mine Past Tense and I pledge to hold it all day! I also take your hand next Exer to pledge! I'm so glad for y'all and your support!

wlh

Thanks for your hand Genesislazarus‌!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 922 dof