cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge September 2017

Happy September everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps to hold ourselves accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's  ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better! And be PROUD of YOU!

A special mention to Pops (Ken) who did such a magnificent job with this Pledge Page. Sorry you left us. You are missed. Hope you come back some day.

If there is anyone interested in taking over the Pledge Page - please let it be known. I'm just filling in for now.

======

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

=================== 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
363 Replies
kelsmynme

Good morning Dian, thank you for your hand I will gladly take it and pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand for the next person to join us Kelly 186 dof

0 Kudos
HardHead2

I've got your hand Lynne and pledge not to smoke today NMW.  Happy Labor Day to all as I extend my hand to the nEXt in line.

Andy 50 DOF

0 Kudos
vanlil

I have your hand Andy and thank you. Putting out my other hand to the next person to also pledge not to smoke today.

Lillian (vanlil) 443 dof

0 Kudos
c2q

Hi Lillian vanlil‌. Thanks for your hand. Here is mine for the nEXt to pledge with us - I will not smoke today! Happy Labor Day!

Pati 2318

"It's not the number of days in your quit, it's the quititude in your days."

Magstoyou

Good Morning All

I gladly take your hand Pati and promise to not smoke today no matter what

and offer my free hand to the next in line to pledge!!

Mags at 1511 DOF

Mandolinrain

HI Magstoyou

I gladly take your hand and offer up my free one to the next in line and promise not to smoke today!

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Grabbin' your hand too Two! 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Happy Labor Day, Missy and everybody.  I've got your hand and will not smoke this day, although I did in my dream last night.  Last night's dream was a first for me.  Usually I'm smoking and lying to everybody pretending I'm not, but it doesn't bother me that I'm lying.  I'm just surprised to find myself smoking.  But last night I had invited a bunch of fellow actors/Exers over, or we were all going to hang out together for a week together somewhere.  And it dawned on me that they all believed I didn't smoke and that I would have to hide my smoking from them.  And I wondered how I would be able to do that.  And I felt that panic at not being able to get my fix.  Awoke being reminded of how awful that "wanting," that 'need' is.  And it made the freedom of not being tied to that pack of cigarettes just ever so much more gratifying.  I don't have to worry about getting my fix any more, because I no longer NEED it.  Nor want it.  Stay free long enough and you won't have to worry about thinking about quitting, thinking about cigarettes, thinking about maintenance.  And THAT is really, REALLY cool!  I wish that for all of you who take this pledge.

Holding out my hand for the next freedom seeker....

Brianairb2

That sounds like a harrowing smokemare!  Here in the reality, I am proud to take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today, and offer my hand to the nEXt!

~Brian (70 DOF)

0 Kudos
Susan6526

I pledge not to smoke tomorrow. I offer my hand to WDWfan and the next one in line.

0 Kudos