cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge September 2017

Happy September everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take each other's hands and make our commitment stronger.

The Pledge Page is a simple but very effective tool for those in all stages of the quit journey. Whether we are new, or have been quit for a while, it helps to hold ourselves accountable for the brave and magnificent decision we've made to better our health.

It doesn't matter what time of day you come here to make your pledge. Sometimes you may want to pledge twice if you're having a particularly hard day.  And that's  ok!  Know that you're not alone on this journey and that there are many hands to hold as you walk forth.  Have heart. Chin up. Believe that it will get better! And be PROUD of YOU!

A special mention to Pops (Ken) who did such a magnificent job with this Pledge Page. Sorry you left us. You are missed. Hope you come back some day.

If there is anyone interested in taking over the Pledge Page - please let it be known. I'm just filling in for now.

======

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3.  That's it!  Simple as pie.  And every day you come back and promise not to put a cigarette in your mouth is another DAY WON!  So pat yourself on the back!

=================== 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
363 Replies
WDWfan

Thanks Giulia!

0 Kudos
freeneasy

I take your hand WDWfan and pledge I won't smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line    Jim 1703 DOF

0 Kudos
elvan

Good morning Jim and @Giulia and WDWfan‌, I am reaching out and taking your hand(s) and I am offering my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge on this Monday morning.  I am a little confused about who that might be...hence the extra hands.

Happy Labor Day!

Ellen 1324 DOF

0 Kudos
elvan

I need a hand...ANY hand...or maybe a bird claw...

0 Kudos
Bree19

Hey there Ellen.  Thanks for your hand my friend.  I pledge not one cigarette near me.  My other hand is ready for the next to pledge...but it's a holiday over there isn't it?  So my hand will be dangling for a while.  Hold on tight please Ellen!

Bree 189DOF

0 Kudos
KMC56

Hi Bree...I'll gladly take your hand and pledge NOT to smoke, and so I extend my hand....529068873.jpg

MarilynH

I'll gladly take your hand Bree and pledge to remain smoke free, here's my free hand to the next person in line.

Marilyn 1148 DOF 

Twohearts67

Being the next person in line I will gladly take your hand Marilyn with my pledge not to smoke today W.S.E.,and I extend my other hand to the next EXer to continue from here.

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Good morning gang! I will take KMC56‌ and Marilyn's hands so no one is left hanging! I pledge to not smoke today and hold out my hand for the nEXt.

Dian

0 Kudos
wlh

Thanks for your hand Diannnnn‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and extent my other hand to the next in line to pledge with us today.

Lynne 185 dof