cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge January 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy New Year and January everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events‌ community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

I am honored to be facilitating the Daily Pledge!

When I think of January, I usually think of the New Year, setting new goals, and cold weather.  As it turns out though, there’s a whole lot more to January than just those things!

1. So in effort to shed some light on the coolness that is the month of January, here are a few facts:
    1. January is named after the Roman god Janus, who was always shown as having two heads. He looked back to the last year and forward to the new one.
  2. The Anglo-Saxons called January “Wulfmonath” as it was the month hungry wolves came scavenging at people’s doors.
  3. It’s National Soup Month in the U.S. as well as Slow Cooking Month, Hot Tea Month, Blood Donor Month, Thank You Month, and Bath Safety Month to name just a few.
  4. The only Shakespeare plays that mention January are Much Ado About Nothing and Winter’s Tale.
  5. More couples separate or divorce in January than in any other month.
  6. January 1st is both the furthest away and closest day to December 31st.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
652 Replies
Deb-EX

Good BLIZZARD Morning MichelleDiane‌ Congratulations on 4 days smoke free!!! YAY for you, Awesome. I am happy to grab onto your hand and pledge not to smoke today NMW! I am extending my free hand to the next person! 

indingrl

Thanks Deb i will lovingly take your hand and agree not one puff over me TODAY with ALL of you pn Jan 4, 2018 this day only and i hold out my hand to the NEXT in Jesus name amen 

gottastop2

Good Morning DebEX. I’ll gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today! I extend my other to the next in line. Stay warm!

Sandy 53 dof

gottastop2

Indingrl, I’ve got your hand!!

susan_m

Hey Sandy gottastop2‌ - I have your hand and am holding tight from the frozen tundra of Indiana..... BRRRR!

I am happy to pledge with you not to smoke today no matter what.  I extend my free hand for the nEXt in line to join us!

Susan, day 396

fabulousat50

Good Morning from snowy massachusettes.  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next person in line to pledge with us today.  Make it a great day.

JoAnne

fabulousat50

4 DOF .

Roller831

Good Morning from bone chilling but not snowy Chicago fabulousat50‌!  I am happy to take your 4 DOF hand and pledge not to smoke today NMW!  My free hand is EXtended to the nEXt person who chooses to pledge the same.

Roller 197 DOF

vanlil

Got your hand rollercoaster831 Champion and I hope you have mittens on.  I also pledge not to smoke today.  I will put my mittenless hand out to the next person to pledge with us.  This AM in Key West Fl was 54 degrees.

Lillian (vanlil) 566 dof

minihorses

Good Morning Lillian!  It's snowy in the southland today so I'm glad that I don't have to go out to smoke!  I gladly take your hand and pledge to not smoke today.  I offer my other hand to the next person to grab and pledge with me.

Julie  67 DOF

elvan

Happy New Year minihorses, I am happy to take your hand today as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge. 

Ellen 1446 DOF