cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge January 2018

pastedImage_1.png

Happy New Year and January everyone, welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events‌ community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

I am honored to be facilitating the Daily Pledge!

When I think of January, I usually think of the New Year, setting new goals, and cold weather.  As it turns out though, there’s a whole lot more to January than just those things!

1. So in effort to shed some light on the coolness that is the month of January, here are a few facts:
    1. January is named after the Roman god Janus, who was always shown as having two heads. He looked back to the last year and forward to the new one.
  2. The Anglo-Saxons called January “Wulfmonath” as it was the month hungry wolves came scavenging at people’s doors.
  3. It’s National Soup Month in the U.S. as well as Slow Cooking Month, Hot Tea Month, Blood Donor Month, Thank You Month, and Bath Safety Month to name just a few.
  4. The only Shakespeare plays that mention January are Much Ado About Nothing and Winter’s Tale.
  5. More couples separate or divorce in January than in any other month.
  6. January 1st is both the furthest away and closest day to December 31st.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
652 Replies
freeneasy

I take your hand Sharon and pledge to not smoke in the 35 minutes left today and extend my hand to the next in line.  Jim 1850DOF

0 Kudos
susan_m

Hey Jim!  What an impressive quit you have....it won't be long before you hit 2000 days!!  Thanks for your hand as I pledge not to smoke today no matter what I extend my free hand to the next in line to join us. 

Susan, Day 422 (I think)

MichelleDiane

Good morning Susan.  Thanks for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today and am putting my other hand out to the next person on their journey to be smoke free.

-Michelle

Bree19

Hi Michelle.

Thanks for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today while I reach out with my other hand for the next EXer ready to join us today.

Bree 318 DOF

0 Kudos
Sandi4

Hi Bree. I’m ready! I accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today. EXtending my hand to the next person who’d like to pledge with us. Have a great day!

Sandi

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Good morning Sandy, thank you for your hand, holding it I pledge not to smoke and here is my free hand for the next person in line.

Daniela 691 DOF

0 Kudos
minihorses

Hi Daniela! Thanks for your hand this morning.   I'll gladly hold on to it as I pledge not to smoke today, no matter how bad my day is or how much I want to right now!  Have had a rough couple days but have remained smoke free.  I hope I don't hurt your hand with my squeezing it so firmly!! I gladly extend my other hand to the next person to pledge with me, and that person can hold mine just as firmly.  I will then have no hands available to be able to hold a smoke!!  I'm breathing and N.O.P.E.-ing for the rest of the day.

Julie   93 DOF

0 Kudos
Deb-EX

Good morning Daniela! Thank YOU for your hand and I will gladly take it and pledge not to smoke today. I am extending my free hand to the next person who wants to pledge with us.

Debbie

0 Kudos
c2q

Happy Tuesday Deb-EX‌! I'm glad to take your friendly hand this morning and offer my own to the nEXt to pledge with us. I will not smoke today!

Pati 2467 DOF

MarilynH

I'll gladly take your hand Patti and say Goodbye to January and hello to February on this last Hump Day of the month, I'm pledging to remain Smokefree no matter what is happening in life and hopefully I don't get left dangling again, here's my free hand to the next person in line to pledge. 

Marilyn 1297 DOF