Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

SEPTEMBER DAILY PLEDGE 2020

rock-art-craft-holding-hands-team-1573133.jpg

HOLD ON

A blog I wrote nine years ago, spurred on by another member’s blog is still relevant today, I think.   How Deep is Your Commitment?  Ironically this person relinquished her quit after five years because she was drinking and a friend offered her a cigarette. Even long-term quits are fragile under the influence of alcohol. 

This daily pledge is a tool. Not just to come here every day and promise not to smoke, but any time you feel like your quit is jeopardy. That’s the most important time to come here and reach out for the person’s hand who pledged before you. Do it every hour if you need to. Even if nobody has chimed in since your last pledge, grab your own hand. Grab the hand of the YOU that wants the best for you. The YOU that says, “I can do this, I promise to do this. I won’t let go of this.” Hug yourself tightly.

There is strength in numbers. We’re here for you. Just grab a hand, keep your commitment and know that you CAN do this. Type a blog with the word Help. People will come running. You’re not alone.

================================================================================== 

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
396 Replies
mpnaegle

Kkplayhouse‌, thank you for your hand!  I gratefully take it and pledge not to smoke today.  I extend my free hand to the next in line.  Have a great day everyone!!!!

Mark 89 DOF

AnnetteMM

September. Unbelievable. I'll take your hand mpnaegle and reach out to the next survivor of 2020 so far.

We are survivors and I will not smoke!

981 DOF for me.

Maki

Thanks for the hand Annette .  Almost your comma day .

I pledge not to smoke today and extend a hand forward for the next . 

wlh

Thanks for your hand Maki‌!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 1278 dof

minihorses

Thank you for your hand Lynne. I'll hold it and pledge to keep my quit strong today NMW. I offer my free hand in support of the next person to pledge today.

Julie 720 DOF

Mavihoja

Hi Julie...Thanks for lending your hand to the effort today.  You all are so kind.  Upon receiving the bond and encouragement of your gesture, I pledge to remain a committed non-smoker today.  Sometimes in these times we all are experiencing, this gets tougher than normal, in and of itself is not easy.  However, hope comes through people who are hopeful.  And, love comes through people who know lovingkindness.

I therefore offer my hand of strength, hope, lovingkindness, compassion to the next sincere pledger.

Be Blessed.  Be full of hope. Be full of love.

Michael

SuzyQ411

Congratulations to all who have chosen to not smoke, vape, or chew tobacco on this first day of September in the year 2020.

To Michael Mavihoja I happily accept your hand of "strength, hope, lovingkindness, and compassion" in agreement to not smoke today (no matter what) and I extend my free hand to the next in line who chooses to pledge the same.

~Suzy

Day # 239

(Therefore, 3,585 cigarettees not smoked) 

Gai.C

Good morning Everyone. @SuzyQ411 I'll take your hand.  I pledge not to smoke today or ever again.  I offer my hand to the next Ex in line.

Barbscloud

Good morning Gai.C  I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

904 DOF

Hi Barbscloud‌ !    So very wonderful to be taking your hand this morning.  I definitely need it after the rough night of sleeping I had.  It's going to take everything I have to stay strong today.  I pledge not to smoke today.  I extend my hand to the next beautiful quitter in line, ready to pledge another smoke free day.

Aaron 43 DOF